Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

Pizzapp has been a game changer for me today. Made a pizza for supper and it's the best I've ever done (that was with only 3 hours proving). Didn't realise how important the salt was.
It's a game changer isn't it. Glad you're on the right path and sounds like you're making cracking pizzas. Pictures please!!

Not my style of pizza that. One I'd enjoy when pissed but otherwise nah. Owa much cheese there, too dense.

You're not following a recipe. If you want to get results you need to follow a good recipe to the gram, really. Download PizzApp and set the hydration at 62% and go from there. Five mins knead, 15 mins rest, 5 mins knead then leave it for a couple of hours RT then 48hrs in the fridge (and make sure you change the app settings to that time CT).

looks like I’ve been putting far too much yeast in. I put a full 7g dry sachet in, whereas this is saying to use like 2g max.

will try again next weekend. Thanks for the app

Metal seems to make more sense, thin and can get under them better. Never used a wooden one mind.
Seen ones with slots but surely can’t be wise, change of ripping your dough surely
Do you make the pizza on it first? Then slide it in the oven?
They had some metal ones in nico rossi when I popped in. It's great in there.

Last edited:
Do you make the pizza on it first? Then slide it in the oven?
They had some metal ones in nico rossi when I popped in. It's great in there.
Personally I make it on the worktop then pull it onto the peel. Dunno if that’s the way you’re meant to but it seems to work. I’m just using the one that came with my oven but have been looking at metal ones with wood handles. £20 from amazon

try keep the metal peel as cool as possible so the dough doesn’t stick, keep it away from the oven

Last edited:
Personally I make it on the worktop then pull it onto the peel. Dunno if that’s the way you’re meant to but it seems to work. I’m just using the one that came with my oven but have been looking at metal ones with wood handles. £20 from amazon
Yeah I'm trawling amazon now, had a bit of a disaster with mine tonight (they are like two small paddles that you go in from each side with) pizza was too big and flopped over the sides.

Do you find it easy enough to slide it off?

Yeah I'm trawling amazon now, had a bit of a disaster with mine tonight (they are like two small paddles that you go in from each side with) pizza was too big and flopped over the sides.

Do you find it easy enough to slide it off?
Yer I just dust it with a bit flour and a pinch of semolina

Back