Wood Burning Pizza Ovens

Aye, by hand
65% Think I was too rough with it before it came together properly, stretched it canny far.
Bulk atm, balling up at 12.30
You won't have overdone it unless you were there kneading intensely for an hour.

That's quite a high hydration, when I make them like that they also pancake out overnight, but are easily reballed ready to be used. I wouldn't worry about it, should be fine.

The Ooni Koda is decent, made some nice pizzas. Not sure if I need a better one to make truly amazing pizzas though. Unless I just need to improve my dough

The first one, the kids one, was looking very good until one of them needed the toilet, burnt it a touch. Dough seems to be good though, puffed straight up. Will be doing ours when they go to bed.

Definitely learnt the hard way about the salt today thinking I knew better than the app. I put 1% in, the dough grew massively but tore and bubbles were popping in the base leaving big holes!

The Ooni Koda is decent, made some nice pizzas. Not sure if I need a better one to make truly amazing pizzas though. Unless I just need to improve my dough
The latter. What recipe are you using?
Definitely learnt the hard way about the salt today thinking I knew better than the app. I put 1% in, the dough grew massively but tore and bubbles were popping in the base leaving big holes!
Always back the app! :lol:

What recipe are you using?

Usually 00 flour, a bit yeast and a bit water. Splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Usually knead for about 5 minutes and then leave it in the fridge for a long while 6-12 hours usually, then get out to prove at a warmer temperature before rolling out and stretching.

what am I doing wrong?
Missus had margarita
View media item 6109
I had a salami, chilli flakes and a touch of honey after cooking. Room for improvement but so much better than my sourdough attempts. Dough was so much lighter
View media item 6112
View media item 6111

they look insane

When's the restaurant opening mate?

Is that an Ooni that can be used inside?
Yer it’s a pro. Does pellets, wood or gas. If I had my time again I’d just go for a cheaper gas one, can’t see me ever using anything else. Being able to bring it inside is class.

Opinions on this @James just popped up on me suggested videos. Sure you said this was your method.

Not my style of pizza that. One I'd enjoy when pissed but otherwise nah. Owa much cheese there, too dense.
Usually 00 flour, a bit yeast and a bit water. Splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Usually knead for about 5 minutes and then leave it in the fridge for a long while 6-12 hours usually, then get out to prove at a warmer temperature before rolling out and stretching.

what am I doing wrong?

they look insane
You're not following a recipe. If you want to get results you need to follow a good recipe to the gram, really. Download PizzApp and set the hydration at 62% and go from there. Five mins knead, 15 mins rest, 5 mins knead then leave it for a couple of hours RT then 48hrs in the fridge (and make sure you change the app settings to that time CT).

Last edited:
Not my style of pizza that. One I'd enjoy when pissed but

You're not following a recipe. If you want to get results you need to follow a good recipe to the gram, really. Download PizzApp and set the hydration at 62% and go from there. Five mins knead, 5 mins 15 mins rest, 5 mins knead then leave it for A couple of hours RT then 48hrs in the fridge (and make sure you change the app settings to that time CT).
Pizzapp has been a game changer for me today. Made a pizza for supper and it's the best I've ever done (that was with only 3 hours proving). Didn't realise how important the salt was.

Back