Will there be a massive drop in foreign holidays this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just had an argument with my brother.
He said no one is going away this year because of the climate crisis and the little girl who protested, oh and Blue Planet

I said I doubted people would not go on their summer holidays over this and that if we had a shit summer more people would go away than last year.
If we have a great summer plenty of people will stay and say it is because they care about climate change etc
Not a single person isn’t going abroad because of the climate crisis. Nobody cares THAT much

Climate change would never be a factor to me going on holiday or not.

How do these people producing Blue Planet get to their destinations?

Reactions: Pop
Should have a forgein holiday/flight tax that ramps up ridiculously on each subsequent holiday/flight. First ones 10% second 100% third 1000% with all money going to environmental fixes.

I flew from heathrow to Ottawa on Thursday,climate change protestors had said they would shut the airport down with drones till the government had hinted at life prison sentences,result is no flights were disrupted.This is my 6th trip away this year,the others were short haul trips to Europe.

What can they do, supply and demand. Different authorities having different holidays would ease it a bit.

Was talk of capping the premium they have ie doubling costs is taking the piss.

There are still some good deals out there. I wanted to take my nieces to Japan for May half term next year but their mum said she didn't want them so far away from her. I'm going. £300 return in the half term dates to Tokyo.... pretty amazing

Holiday time family hols for 5 to anywhere decent are still dear believe me!

Just had an argument with my brother.
He said no one is going away this year because of the climate crisis and the little girl who protested, oh and Blue Planet

I said I doubted people would not go on their summer holidays over this and that if we had a shit summer more people would go away than last year.
If we have a great summer plenty of people will stay and say it is because they care about climate change etc
Your brother is a moron

I’m flying back from my coal fired power station job in Malaysia to the uk and installing a compost heap at my house to support the climate crisis, up the blue wheelie bin.

Booked. Fuck England and it’s shit weather. Fuck brexit. Fuck Boris too
This.

Already been to Portugal twice, with 2 more trips to Spain within the next month or so and a late trip to Prague before the years out :cool:

Was talk of capping the premium they have ie doubling costs is taking the piss.

Holiday time family hols for 5 to anywhere decent are still dear believe me!
I’m about to go to Spain for 2 weeks on the 20th of this month.
5 people, flights £500 return
14 nights apartment £980.
Hire car £280 for 14 days.
Coppers.

Last edited:
Just got back from granada. Spent a couple of days there on the way to and from Gibraltar. Very nice.
I've not been to Granada, but I enjoyed Gibraltar.
Seville is a beautiful city to visit.
It's the home of the Flamenco, and there's the Alcazar (Royal Palace) cathedral, Plaza de España, and a very lively night out around the tapas bars.
Just across the bridge, Puente de Isabel, is Triana, which is a very good and lively spot for a night out with plenty of bars and restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back