Will there be a massive drop in foreign holidays this year?

Just had an argument with my brother.
He said no one is going away this year because of the climate crisis and the little girl who protested, oh and Blue Planet

I said I doubted people would not go on their summer holidays over this and that if we had a shit summer more people would go away than last year.
If we have a great summer plenty of people will stay and say it is because they care about climate change etc
By Nov 2nd I will have had 3 foreign holidays this year.

Done more uk holidays last 5 years than all my life .Just something my and my son got into but running out of areas ,as in Scotland ,lakes,wales,cornwall etc .Still do my europe stuff ever year

Samoa for me. Haven't considered not booking a holiday because of the enviroment and I don't know anyone who has. That's not to say I don't care about it, I just haven't considered it.
Air travel accounts for 2% of annual CO2 emissions.

Even if everyone stopped flying tomorrow it makes fuck all difference.

Just like these arseholes at ASDA who now send out their home deliveries with no carrier bags, so you have to carry everything individually from the doorstep to your kitchen so they can 'save the environment', then you see everything dumped all over your worktops, 90% of it in plastic packaging and hardly any of it recyclable.

All these tiny, meaningless attempts at saving the planet makes your average sandal wearer feel better about themselves when in reality fuck all changes bar creating inconvenience.

All these tiny, meaningless attempts at saving the planet makes your average sandal wearer feel better about themselves when in reality fuck all changes bar creating inconvenience.

I don't think people really care do they?
They can't clear up their own rubbish let alone anybody else's.

Logon or register to see this image

I was at Wimbledon yesterday and Henman Hill looked a bit like this by the evening.

I’m flying back from my coal fired power station job in Malaysia to the uk and installing a compost heap at my house to support the climate crisis, up the blue wheelie bin.
My mate sells 1000’s of container loads of scrap tyres to Malaysia. They then burn them in power stations for electricity !! Until shit like that is sorted globally the rest of us are pissing in the wind.

Just had an argument with my brother.
He said no one is going away this year because of the climate crisis and the little girl who protested, oh and Blue Planet

I said I doubted people would not go on their summer holidays over this and that if we had a shit summer more people would go away than last year.
If we have a great summer plenty of people will stay and say it is because they care about climate change etc
I’ve been abroad more than ever.

Back