Will there be a massive drop in foreign holidays this year?

CatRyan

Striker
Just had an argument with my brother.
He said no one is going away this year because of the climate crisis and the little girl who protested, oh and Blue Planet

I said I doubted people would not go on their summer holidays over this and that if we had a shit summer more people would go away than last year.
If we have a great summer plenty of people will stay and say it is because they care about climate change etc

He said no one is going away this year because of the climate crisis and the little girl who protested, oh and Blue Planet

I said I doubted people would not go on their summer holidays over this and that if we had a shit summer more people would go away than last year.
If we have a great summer plenty of people will stay and say it is because they care about climate change etc
I've had two so far this year and hope for at least two more.

I think you're right. Not many people work most of the year and then put climate change at the top of their holiday considerations list. Whether that is a good or bad thing is a whole other debate.

For 1st time noticed our hotel had loads of plastic glasses and as far as I could see no recycling , was a bit shocked tbh

Many thought brexit uncertainty would meant cheaper trips last year n this. Greedy bastards are charging more if anything.
See still feck all done by government about school hol price hikes.

I think you have won this particular argument hands down !

Many thought brexit uncertainty would meant cheaper trips last year n this. Greedy bastards are charging more if anything.
What can they do, supply and demand. Different authorities having different holidays would ease it a bit.

There are still some good deals out there. I wanted to take my nieces to Japan for May half term next year but their mum said she didn't want them so far away from her. I'm going. £300 return in the half term dates to Tokyo.... pretty amazing

Back