Will there be a massive drop in foreign holidays this year?

I don't fly for summer holidays anyway. I'll be off camping in the Alps in a week. Driving there & back with a 2.7l diesel like. Does this make me an enemy of the planet or what?

Was talk of capping the premium they have ie doubling costs is taking the piss.

Holiday time family hols for 5 to anywhere decent are still dear believe me!
I'm not one to defend big business but the school holidays is the one time they can make money. Many holidays in school time make little profit or some at a loss as they have to book the hotel rooms in 6 months blocks.
Different holidays for different authorities is the only way to bring down costs. Look at flights Edinburgh towards the end of August, much cheaper than Newcastle.

Just had an argument with my brother.
He said no one is going away this year because of the climate crisis and the little girl who protested, oh and Blue Planet

I said I doubted people would not go on their summer holidays over this and that if we had a shit summer more people would go away than last year.
If we have a great summer plenty of people will stay and say it is because they care about climate change etc
I will keep going away several times a year because I enjoy it. Others do other things to kill the planet.

If less holidays are being taken this year it'll entirely be down to brexit uncertainty believing the nonsense that planes wont be able to fly etc.

Sometimes I just fly places if I have a spare day or two. I love heights, eating, drinking and sleeping in chairs, so airplanes tick all the boxes.

I don't own a dog and so my excessive flying is the carbon footprint my dog would leave, if I had a dog.
Aeroplane engines are about 70% more efficient now than 20 years ago, so don’t feel guilty. It’s your parents who caused the earth to burn.

Fuel economy in aircraft - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Back