Wigan paying players late

The wages were only a day late not ideal I know but not a big alarm. The CEO says it was a problem with the system and won’t happen again. The story been blown up out of all proportion tbh
What system though? Surely it’s just account software and bank accounts. Something like sage.

It’s stinks of money issues like. Hope it’s not what Wigan have been through. Last years spending didn’t add up tho.

The owners are spending on the ground. Refurbishment of the hospitality and a new sports bar I don’t think any problems
The wages were only a day late not ideal I know but not a big alarm. The CEO says it was a problem with the system and won’t happen again. The story been blown up out of all proportion tbh

To be fair, the CEO is involved in 40 companies according to Companies House, so he may have been distracted by his other directorships for a few days.

Have you’s signed anyone yet? You’ve obviously got a very good team at league one level but I wouldn’t be confident of you lot staying up if you’s don’t sign a fair few before the window shuts.
No they havent and the natives are starting to get restless.

Any club that goes into a championship season with Max Power is obviously going back down. Awful at league 1 level never mind the league above

He might not be up to Championship standard (he probably isn't) but saying he is 'awful at League 1 level' is just plain stupid. 12 assists last season, more than any of our players, level with Bannan, and only behind Twine and McConville at Accrington.

Aye, I don’t think the late kit release is much of an issue, a fair few kits seem late this year.

It’s the lack of signings that is a puzzler for them.
We've seen at our own club how club ownership, despite passing EFL and EPL tests can be less than they first appear.

The owners of Wigan and Burnley are clearly not all they first appeared. There needs to be more robust governance of football.

Back