Wigan paying players late

I don’t understand why any Wigan fans are concerned about kit releases. We released last years away kit on 30 July and didn’t even change our home strip (which was released a week before the start of the season the previous year). I follow the rugby too and there have been all sorts of issues with kit delivery in the recent past. I think people are just missing something to moan about in the off season.

I don’t understand why any Wigan fans are concerned about kit releases. We released last years away kit on 30 July and didn’t even change our home strip (which was released a week before the start of the season the previous year). I follow the rugby too and there have been all sorts of issues with kit delivery in the recent past. I think people are just missing something to moan about in the off season.

I think if the kit issues were the only problems people wouldn't be as concerned but add in the players wages being delayed 2 months in a row and people will start to look at the little things and think the worst!

As an outsider looking in I'm a little worried for you lot.
I haven't been keeping myself upto date with all things Wigan but the delayed payments is such a red flag in my opinion.
I know the club have addressed them in a statement but we all know what dodgy owners are like when it comes to papering over the cracks and lying to fans!

I think if the kit issues were the only problems people wouldn't be as concerned but add in the players wages being delayed 2 months in a row and people will start to look at the little things and think the worst!

As an outsider looking in I'm a little worried for you lot.
I haven't been keeping myself upto date with all things Wigan but the delayed payments is such a red flag in my opinion.
I know the club have addressed them in a statement but we all know what dodgy owners are like when it comes to papering over the cracks and lying to fans!

I said last week, all eyes on the next pay day. The latest one was paid late but in line with the promise of the next available date. If they aren’t on time, we are in trouble, otherwise it’s a glitch that’s been ironed out. There’s not much to keep up to date on to be honest. Pre-season is ticking over, international players are now back in the squad and people seem to forget we announced our third kit ages ago.

I said last week, all eyes on the next pay day. The latest one was paid late but in line with the promise of the next available date. If they aren’t on time, we are in trouble, otherwise it’s a glitch that’s been ironed out. There’s not much to keep up to date on to be honest. Pre-season is ticking over, international players are now back in the squad and people seem to forget we announced our third kit ages ago.

I genuinely hope it was mistakes both times and everything is good

No they havent and the natives are starting to get restless.

New kit revealed today at 6pm , not mad keen on the shirts so I am not going to show you !

Last edited:
It sounds like they are manipulating their cash flow to appear more fluid at month end, I wonder if June was their half year???
Year end.
We've seen at our own club how club ownership, despite passing EFL and EPL tests can be less than they first appear.

The owners of Wigan and Burnley are clearly not all they first appeared. There needs to be more robust governance of football.
The owner and director test is possibly one of the most misunderstood things in football. It looks only if the person has a history of personal or corporate insolvency, or convictions for a very limited range of criminal offences relating to fraud or rights piracy. And that's it.

Last edited:
Why is this in any way incorrect? This is a tough year for sponsorship sales. Expect a number of clubs doing late kit release, "Charity" deals and owner deals.
Indicates clubs haven't staffed up properly after Covid in a very tricky and uncertain market.
Twaddle.

In my opinion, of course.

You're trying to tell me that a club managed to land a deal with an international investment team, in the middle of a pandemic, but couldn't find a single investor after it?

I believe that you're wrong.

You're stating that, "this has been a tough year for sponsorship sales..." do you know that as fact, or is it an assumption?

Last edited:

Back