Wigan paying players late

Definitely worth keeping an eye one. One month, yeah could be clerical, two months, benefit of the doubt, if it goes to a third month, then you certainly wouldn’t be mad to think they could have some financial issues
Listened to podcasts with people who were at Bolton and it was always a banking error apparently. They haven't sent the payment etc. So got paid next day.

Then suddenly next time it happened, no money for 9 months :lol:

Last edited:
They obviously went for a it last year with some of the offers they handed out. I wonder if they had promotion bonuses for it to go up, plus your revenue barely increases tbh.

Don't think they've signed anybody either.

Interesting.

Revenue increases considerably in the championship, from higher TV money. Per Swiss Ramble writing in 2018 "Most Championship clubs receive £7-8m TV money, including £2.3m EFL central distribution and £4.3m Premier League solidarity payment" the difference thereafter arises due to number of TV appearances.

Increased salaries might eat up a lot of that additional revenue though obviously.

Being entirely selfish the more clubs struggling like Birmingham, Reading and possibly Wigan the better for us.

Bit of spin there from the ceo, 1 working day late. Its the 4th of July today, not great for June's pay.

Last edited:
Interesting.

Revenue increases considerably in the championship, from higher TV money. Per Swiss Ramble writing in 2018 "Most Championship clubs receive £7-8m TV money, including £2.3m EFL central distribution and £4.3m Premier League solidarity payment" the difference thereafter arises due to number of TV appearances.

Increased salaries might eat up a lot of that additional revenue though obviously.

Being entirely selfish the more clubs struggling like Birmingham, Reading and possibly Wigan the better for us.

Would they have seen that money yet though mate? We’ve obviously seen an increase in the coffers as SC sales are heading towards 30,000 and hospitality is close to a sell out, which helps us during the close season. I doubt Wigan have seen that.

If I were a Wigan fan I’d be concerned about these late payments tbh.

Would they have seen that money yet though mate? We’ve obviously seen an increase in the coffers as SC sales are heading towards 30,000 and hospitality is close to a sell out, which helps us during the close season. I doubt Wigan have seen that.

If I were a Wigan fan I’d be concerned about these late payments tbh.

No idea of the timing of moneys coming in mate, I was just replying to the point made that income does not increase from L1 to the championship, it does increase considerably but there are increased costs too.

Not saying they have issues but the money troubles always seem to start with wages being late due to an error. Maybe not a big issue to players on 5k a week. Bit of a nightmare for many of the staff with their direct debits due out on the 1st of the month you would think.

Definitely cause for concern. I have ran my own company for the past 10 years but for the 25 years prior to that I worked for a few different firms, paid a monthly Salary, 300 months and never paid late once in all that time.

Back