Why were people leaving after 75 mins on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We created chances and the second half was A LOT better than the first. Genuine question
Because they're not used to watching attacking football. They didn't understand what they were watching ;) so they went home to do the ironing or the gardening or just sit and watch the grass grow which they're more used to on a saturday afternoon at the SOL. :lol:

I was there till the end, like I always am. However, I'm also not some holier than thou fan who berates people for leaving early.

At the end of they day, people are entitled to do whatever they want regardless of the score- people also leave early when we're in the lead.

It wasn't that different on Saturday as it was quite clear we weren't going to score and yet again, we were had to witness a completely abject performance.
I wish I had posted this. My thoughts exactly.

We created chances and the second half was A LOT better than the first. Genuine question
I think your avatar and name combined suggests mag agent
On the wind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about walking after 20 to go back to the pub because it was so shit and I'm sick of watching them

Stayed til the end but then wished I'd walked after twenty.

Maybe because they were watching yet another shower of shit performance and people are sick to death of the same shit season in season out.

That's the norm really, isn't it?

You're right - at least that's how it seems from the streams (I can't attend games very often.)

But, I have a novel solution to combat this phenomenon. We could call it 'Captain's Time' (as opposed to Fergie Time :) )

Every season, on, say, two occasions per season, each team captain can, at the end of 90 mins, opt for an additional 10 minutes to be added onto the game. No changing ends and stuff - just play on for ten minutes.

If this were to be allowed, nobody would leave 10 minutes early, because they'd never know* if the captain of one of the teams would call the option for ten minutes extra.

Of course, if the Captain calls the ten minutes, the early leavers could then leave, smirking and satisfied that they stopped for 90 min and still left 10 early.

If not, then they'd be leaving with the full 90-minute stayers, swearing and shoutin' and cursing Ellis, Moyesie, Cattermole, Fabio, Rodwell and whoever - but they do that anyway, probably, so it wouldn't make much difference.

Now, all we need to do is persuade the FA this is a good idea, and we've solved the problem. :)

* course, if both captains had already used their allocation of two options each, then it would not longer be possible - but this would only happen towards the end of the season, chances are

Well that's funny cos me and a lot of other people on this post seem to think they did ya tosspot

Nobody on the thread has agreed that people left early they are simply offering generic reasons why any fair minded soul might wish to depart early. @Deggsy sits two rows behind me and i can indeed confirm he was there until the bitter end, this fact basically proves that virtually nobody left early.

Just an observation but you don't appear to be very good at this buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back