Why were people leaving after 75 mins on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably with that is we're normally down by at least a 2 goal deficit so 10 more minutes will only serve to prolong the agony :)
Yes, it had crossed my mind :)

Also
-Unbalanced captain time selection, some teams may have to endure 5/6 times or more whilst others just 2
-Would captain time be instead or as well as injury time
No unbalanced times. On top of injury time. so injury time + 10 mins must be played

- May clash with late kick-off game meaning little to no pre-match build up for late kick off or no post-match reaction from captaib time game
All the more fun - commentators would have more to blab on about. There would be Captain Time tables and prognoses. Betting one when Captain time could be called .... oh, it would add to the fun. :)

-Advantage of knowing other teams scores before result of captain time game..

That's part of the equation.

may lead to time-wasting/cheatin.

Well, come on -we get that anyway. The answer to that is to only to count the time that the ball is in play. If we did 35 mins each half , that would probably be about right. Seven bloody substitutes is cheating in my books - helps the big, rich clubs.

I think we should call it Sunderland Time in any case - our famous name should be better known in football!

I started this as a joke ... getting to like the idea more and more :)

i have a good view from west stand and the one thing i looked for was folk leaving early due to the games status 20 mins to go onwards and to be honest mate bar the odd few near 10 mins to go i thought most stayed,
After reading the threads on here I was watching too, not much else to do to be fair, and I agree with you. There was no mass exodus, no stampede for the exits just a trickle on 80 to 85 then got heavier.

They're professionals mate, or supposed to be, if empty seats bothers them then I suggest they up their game and start doing their job then maybe folks won't leave early, presumably bored by the football. By the way every teams supporters leave early when things don't go their way. Look at the filth up the road who are top of the league and yet had a half empty stadium by the final whistle in the Fulham game. :lol::lol:

Seriously? Then why not play all games behind closed doors and just sell broadcast rights? The reason most teams in all sports are more difficult to beat at home is because the crowd is behind the home team. You can't argue that we have great support and then say that it shouldn't matter to the team whether anyone is watching them or not. Professional or not, the roar of the crowd can pick tired players up and lead to unexpected results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back