Why were people leaving after 75 mins on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a good view from west stand and the one thing i looked for was folk leaving early due to the games status 20 mins to go onwards and to be honest mate bar the odd few near 10 mins to go i thought most stayed,
Loads piled out on 80 mins but that happens every game regardless of result

I noticed a lot started leaving at 80 mins when there was still around 15% of the game left, which did seem strange considering we had a reasonable 2nd half.

Seriously? Then why not play all games behind closed doors and just sell broadcast rights? The reason most teams in all sports are more difficult to beat at home is because the crowd is behind the home team. You can't argue that we have great support and then say that it shouldn't matter to the team whether anyone is watching them or not. Professional or not, the roar of the crowd can pick tired players up and lead to unexpected results.
It's a two way street marra and I'm not about to preach to arguably the best supporters in the country who've had nothing to shout about in many a long year. They keep getting let down year upon year yet still average 40.000 plus. Un bloody believable. My hat goes off to every last one of them and if they want to go home or wherever early, they won't be getting stick off me, just because I stay to the final whistle.

Those can be separate though.

Anyone attending deserves credit, but I can't get my head around that many people leaving early. Especially when the game is close in a relegation battle with the players needing support. Turning up doesn't equal support and imo it's poor how easy the fans give up. I'm sure there'll be comments along the lines of "Wey the players give up n that", but that shouldn't matter in terms of support and last weekend they didn't.

I agree , at 0-0 75mins you would think we could be the 12th man, but each to their own

I stayed on the off chance we could score a goal (never really believed it) though can't blame anyone for leaving; the first half was as bad to watch as any game this season and while we had a good spell in the 2nd at the 70min stage you could see we had stopped trying for a win and had settled for the draw, it was awful to watch and only helped to sum up how bad we are and how uninspiring the manager is.

I'm amazed how many of us still turn up, we were playing, on paper, the easiest game of the season yet no one seemed to have any hope we'd do well. Our fans deserve a lot of credit which is why I can never understand threads like this, criticising very loyal fans who turn up to watch dross is absolutely pathetic.

I stayed on the off chance we could score a goal (never really believed it) though can't blame anyone for leaving; the first half was as bad to watch as any game this season and while we had a good spell in the 2nd at the 70min stage you could see we had stopped trying for a win and had settled for the draw, it was awful to watch and only helped to sum up how bad we are and how uninspiring the manager is.

I'm amazed how many of us still turn up, we were playing, on paper, the easiest game of the season yet no one seemed to have any hope we'd do well. Our fans deserve a lot of credit which is why I can never understand threads like this, criticising very loyal fans who turn up to watch dross is absolutely pathetic.
Nice one.

Why's that then? It's true isn't it? There's far too much moaning about how folk decide to spend their time and money on here. Haven't you ever left the cinema when a film's been absolute shite? Times that by 38 and I totally understand why people leave.
I go to the match to support the team. I go to the cinema to be entertained. Leaving early on a regular basis, regardless of the score as many do, is shite support.

I don't understand it, how many people pay to go to the cinema, and then walk out 10 minutes from the end, or buy a book. and bin it before reading the last chapter?

Saw a few people saying they were leaving to catch the start of the rugby. Weirdos.

I'm not a regular and we don't usually drive but had parked along the Newcastle road for this match.

Left the premier concourse straight after the whistle, had a pint in the Hylton for 20 minutes or so and left, we were the only car there by then and drove out no bother.

I'd rather do that than leave early every week, especially if we're drawing

It's more to do with the football we play. We had perhaps 2 standout games where we played with passion and fight and that was Everton and Chelsea. It's the most boring predictable shite this season than I've seen for many a long year so I'm not surprised loads leave early. I don't but I understand why others do. How people can't hold their piss in for 45 minutes is a bigger bug bear with me.

I go to the match to support the team. I go to the cinema to be entertained. Leaving early on a regular basis, regardless of the score as many do, is shite support.
so you spend your money to support a bunch of millionaires and you dont even expect to be entertained in return. what a soft twat. no wonder owners dont give a fuck about fans when they have mugs like you bending over and throwing your money at them no matter what

so you spend your money to support a bunch of millionaires and you dont even expect to be entertained in return. what a soft twat. no wonder owners dont give a fuck about fans when they have mugs like you bending over and throwing your money at them no matter what
Aye. I'm the soft twat throwing my money at them no matter what. Those folk that leave early must all get in for free. I want to see us win games, more chance of that happening if the fans get behind the players as they did in the Chelsea and Everton games. Takes more to support the club through the bad times than these fannies leaving early and not renewing etc.

I can understand if we're being dicked on or behind by two going into the last 10 mins (recent history dictates we don't come back in such situations), but when the game is level or we're a goal up or down, I just don't understand it.

It actually pisses me off, though I recognise people can do what they want. It reflects badly on us as a group of supporters however imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back