who grew up in the 80's/ 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Load up an emulator and give some of those games a bash mate. Lemmings is still canny, as are a few others. For the most part it's all shite though.

I think gaming peaked with the GameCube personally, but that's because of the laughs I had paying them before and after a night out with my mates.
Speedball 2 will never be beaten I say!

Seriously though, growing up in Sunderland in the 80's was class imo. Some people don't realise how lucky we mackems/northerners are. In comparison, I moved daan to Landan in the 90's and childhood down there consists of never being allowed out of the house until you're 14 because traffic/rapists/weird foreigners. 14 ffs. None of my London mates had even a fraction as much fun as I did growing up a skint, scruffy-fyaced bairn in Ryhope. Most the fuckers had never even climbed a tree before, let alone a drain pipe or lamppost. Where as I'd climbed every tree, bus stop, garage and lamppost in Ryhope and Grangey, and had probably broken several laws doing so, before my 7th birthday EASILY.

If you grew up in Sunderland, whatever the decade, then you're one of the lucky few imo. Count yersels lucky!

I wouldn't swap the 35 minutes of ear piercing screeching from my speccy as it tried to load daley thompson's decathlon only to crash and fail at 98% for the world
I remember getting Ace of Aces on my speccy which took an age to load. It was failing every time (crashing right at the end of loading). So me and me mate prayed to allah for the full 20 minutes. And the fucker loaded in.
How I'm not a Muslim convert after that I dunno.

I was born in 84, and I’d certainly agree with you. 1998-2002 was probably the best time of my life and I don’t think it would have been the same with smartphones but I think everyone has the most fun in their mid-late teenage years and have rose tinted specs for that time.
You know that you're getting old when people BORN in the 80's are starting to get nostalgic. The 2000's are only a couple of years ago, aren't they??

Same. I’d argue mainstream Music was better before I was born.
Problem is we don't really know how much mainstream stuff from before we were born has fallen by the wayside and how much niche/less popular stuff has became more popular over time.

I bet we could pick up a "Now" album from 1995 and we'll have forgotten about half of the acts in there and half the ones we know will be shite.

i was only a nipper being born in 81...but fuck me it seems liked much better time.

football was better,
tabs were cheap as fuck
no one played with there phone on a night out
there was no FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, SNAPCHAT ETC ETC the amount of times i seem lasses pulling that stupid f***ing face i just want to stamp on them
u could call ya mate a mincey shit stabber in public without the fear of someone calling the hate police
Action Man
Class cartoons
Adidas

downsides

all that bush on lasses fannies
having to buy boozer of the local geezer who did beer runs

A year before you were born you were played off the park at Wembley by the mighty Town.
“Swindon can we have a touch of the ball please....:)
I would say you dodged a bullet thus not all that bad. Music though was better then.

i was only a nipper being born in 81...but fuck me it seems liked much better time.

football was better,
tabs were cheap as fuck
no one played with there phone on a night out
there was no FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, SNAPCHAT ETC ETC the amount of times i seem lasses pulling that stupid f***ing face i just want to stamp on them
u could call ya mate a mincey shit stabber in public without the fear of someone calling the hate police
Action Man
Class cartoons
Adidas

downsides

all that bush on lasses fannies
having to buy boozer of the local geezer who did beer runs
Imagine not liking bush ^
:lol:

I was born in 75, so the 80's was alright, 90's was probably better though as I turned 18 in 1993 (85-95 for my favourite music generally).

Late 70’s and the 80’s were brilliant.
I wouldn't swap the 35 minutes of ear piercing screeching from my speccy as it tried to load daley thompson's decathlon only to crash and fail at 98% for the world

What a game that was, and Hunchback. :D

Last edited:
School days, then the big wide world, lots of great memories 18 for at least 3 years.
I’d say it was better in some ways as there’s no way I’d fancy that time of life for me being now.

It was life without filters, got to feel for the youngens.

School days, then the big wide world, lots of great memories 18 for at least 3 years.
I’d say it was better in some ways as there’s no way I’d fancy that time of life for me being now.

It was life without filters, got to feel for the youngens.
Today they get to be intolerant of intolerance. WATTBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back