who grew up in the 80's/ 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 90's was class like. My son said he is gutted he didn't grow up in the 90's as the 00's was shit :lol:

i was only a nipper being born in 81...but fuck me it seems liked much better time.

football was better,
tabs were cheap as fuck
no one played with there phone on a night out
there was no FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, SNAPCHAT ETC ETC the amount of times i seem lasses pulling that stupid f***ing face i just want to stamp on them
u could call ya mate a mincey shit stabber in public without the fear of someone calling the hate police
Action Man
Class cartoons
Adidas

downsides

all that bush on lasses fannies
having to buy boozer of the local geezer who did beer runs

Don’t agree with one of your downsides like. I think that has been a backwards step. Maybe it deserves its own thread?

Born in 83.

Would be miles f***ing better to grow up today.

I was born in 84, and I’d certainly agree with you. 1998-2002 was probably the best time of my life and I don’t think it would have been the same with smartphones but I think everyone has the most fun in their mid-late teenage years and have rose tinted specs for that time.
If you were born in 94 you'd look back in 10 years and call 2008-2012 the best time of your life man.

i was only a nipper being born in 81...but fuck me it seems liked much better time.

football was better,
tabs were cheap as fuck
no one played with there phone on a night out
there was no FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, SNAPCHAT ETC ETC the amount of times i seem lasses pulling that stupid f***ing face i just want to stamp on them
u could call ya mate a mincey shit stabber in public without the fear of someone calling the hate police
Action Man
Class cartoons
Adidas

downsides

all that bush on lasses fannies
having to buy boozer of the local geezer who did beer runs
Sounds shit and I was there
I was in my 20s and had a great time because that's my middle name

Last edited:
Exactly my point
It's why I gave you a like marra. Most people think they grew up at the "best time".

I used to go to the library and look stuff up. Now I do it on my phone while taking a shit.

The PS4 is infinitely better than my Amiga.

Don't miss the end of a fillum because I fell asleep through news at 10.

Blinkers off, even kids TV is better these days (or at least it was 5 years or so back when I used to watch it a lot with my kid).

I would argue music was better back then, but to be honest I believe time filters out a lot of shit and a "best of 2010s" compilation may be class in a couple of decades.

Haddaway and shite was it.

Nothing beats the Amiga 500 man, you heathen.
Load up an emulator and give some of those games a bash mate. Lemmings is still canny, as are a few others. For the most part it's all shite though.

I think gaming peaked with the GameCube personally, but that's because of the laughs I had paying them before and after a night out with my mates.
600 was what all the cool kids had iirc
500A+ plus with the cartoon heroes bundle or some shit. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back