Whisky

Glenallachie have released a 16 year old, fully sherry matured whisky today under the guise of it being a "past edition" in a new series of theirs and are asking £225 for it. Fuckin nuts.

Glenallachie have released a 16 year old, fully sherry matured whisky today under the guise of it being a "past edition" in a new series of theirs and are asking £225 for it. Fuckin nuts.
That's crackers.

If you didn't know it's world whisky day on Saturday same day as the match so it would rude not take a hip flask to the game for those going.

Last edited:
mental...saw that and there will be loads snapping all three up...£675 for the three if priced the same.
Makes the CS 10 a bargain at £62 ish

That's crackers.

If you didn't know it's world whisky day on Saturday same day as the match so it would rude not take a hip flask to the game for those going.
I’ll be raising a few whiskies if we win regardless of if it’s whisky day or not, might treat meself to a 10 yr talisker if we win, noticed it’s back to £30, cracking price for it

The end of the tax year coincided with last months auction. Whiskysponge are going to release 2 new springers soon, one is a 27yo. Their pricing is already typically poor, so I can’t imagine these will be cheap.
£595, being sold by ballot. Think I'll swerve that tbf.

Reading on IAAS that the Springer 30 is going to be retailed at £950, not that I'd get my hands on one anyway like but I'll be giving that a miss too.

Can't blame the distillery for chalking it up mind if there is any truth in that price, cos it'll undoubtedly sell for about 5 - 6 times more at auction

£595, being sold by ballot. Think I'll swerve that tbf.

Reading on IAAS that the Springer 30 is going to be retailed at £950, not that I'd get my hands on one anyway like but I'll be giving that a miss too.

Can't blame the distillery for chalking it up mind if there is any truth in that price, cos it'll undoubtedly sell for about 5 - 6 times more at auction
I won't be bothering either. If you figure that the 25yo is double the price of the 21yo it figures that the 30yo would be close to £1k with that pricing strategy.

I'm a cheating teetotaller.....can't stand the smell of beer and wine, makes me heave, but I have on occasion sipped some fine whisky.

Nb: I know a vegatarian that eats fish, so not going to beat myself up :D

Last edited:
I'm a cheating teetotaller.....can't stand the smell of beer and wine, makes me heave, but I have on occasion sipped some fine whisky.

Nb: I know a vegatarian that eats fish, so not going to beat myself up :D
Nowt the marra with that mate, each to his own n'all that
So there's my world whisky day sorted!

So there's my world whisky day sorted!

Logon or register to see this image

Wish I was going to Wembley like but not to be.

Ha'way the Springbank and Ha'way the Lads!!! 🔴⚪🔴⚪🥃

Last edited:
The Chardonnay cask is unexpectedly good. I’d like to see them release more of it
The last release of the 18 is 10% chardonnay is it not? Haven't opened mine but seems to split the crowd, heard some say they really like it (yourself included iirc) whereas others aren't keen.

Managed to pick up a longrow from the cage not so long ago, 7 year old fresh sherry. Have seen it reviewed on IIAS by a couple of people who speak quite highly of it.

I originally had my eye on a SB 15 sauternes, but as I had no prior with sauternes I left it. Changed my mind, went back and it had gone :cry:

The last release of the 18 is 10% chardonnay is it not? Haven't opened mine but seems to split the crowd, heard some say they really like it (yourself included iirc) whereas others aren't keen.

Managed to pick up a longrow from the cage not so long ago, 7 year old fresh sherry. Have seen it reviewed on IIAS by a couple of people who speak quite highly of it.

I originally had my eye on a SB 15 sauternes, but as I had no prior with sauternes I left it. Changed my mind, went back and it had gone :cry:
Have you seen the filum "The Angels Share" you don't have to be into fine whisky to enjoy it.

Back