Whisky

Know it well. Just on the way into Forres. Nice little town Forres in a stunning part of the world.

Love me whisky too and can’t believe that while a lived on the speyside distillery trail a never went to any of them.
Stopped just outside Forres last year when up there for whisky break…cracking place we stopped at.
Stopped just outside Forres last year when up there for whisky break…cracking place we stopped at.

it was actually Glenernie…great stay and on a huge family estate which was some place

Last edited:

I'd had my eye on the Glenfarclas 10 bottling and the Duncan Taylor Dalmunach Octave on Tyndrum since before Christmas and I finally succumbed today. For the benefit of @Crook I have had a neck pour of the Whiskybroker Macduff Christmas bottling tonight and it is very promising.

Aye me too...that pesky @shakerman and his links :lol:
Has yours been shipped yet Cee Jay?

I bought it on the 11th and still showing as getting ready to ship.

Means I'm about to get busted by Mrs Crook, was hoping it would arrive before I head off with work on Tuesday for the rest of the week.

So much for the 1-2 days shipping...

Has yours been shipped yet Cee Jay?

I bought it on the 11th and still showing as getting ready to ship.

Means I'm about to get busted by Mrs Crook, was hoping it would arrive before I head off with work on Tuesday for the rest of the week.

So much for the 1-2 days shipping...
No it hasn’t…can’t remember if it was a pre order or not.

Delivery van turned up earlier and thought it might have been it.
Hopefully for you Monday.

Ahead of birthday getting the odd bottle bought, what do people do with “ ordinary“ bottles received ( I know it sounds ungrateful)
Generally just use for cocktails etc, or foist on mother in law who will drink owt ;)
Latest is a bottle of the 10 yr old Jura

Ahead of birthday getting the odd bottle bought, what do people do with “ ordinary“ bottles received ( I know it sounds ungrateful)
Generally just use for cocktails etc, or foist on mother in law who will drink owt ;)
Latest is a bottle of the 10 yr old Jura
They just gather dust here. Apart from that I have the occasional Whisky Mac during the Winter months.

Saw that earlier and I tell you what's nuts, the last time I was at Springbank I was looking at the collection they have in the distillery shop and thinking this place will end up getting robbed, the amount of attention it's attracting from people who don't give a flying fuck about whisky and are there solely to make money... Skip forward a few weeks and this happens, albeit at a different distillery. Wouldn't surprise me if others are targeted, hopefully they up their security.

Saw that earlier and I tell you what's nuts, the last time I was at Springbank I was looking at the collection they have in the distillery shop and thinking this place will end up getting robbed, the amount of attention it's attracting from people who don't give a flying fuck about whisky and are there solely to make money... Skip forward a few weeks and this happens, albeit at a different distillery. Wouldn't surprise me if others are targeted, hopefully they up their security.
When we were at Glenfarclas remember thinking easy pickings all those family cask bottles.

Even the Dunnage warehouse would be easy to rob…the 1953 cask we saw would be an obvious one to nick

When we were at Glenfarclas remember thinking easy pickings all those family cask bottles.

Even the Dunnage warehouse would be easy to rob…the 1953 cask we saw would be an obvious one to nick
Not sure the scotch whisky community is used to the type and amount of attention it's drawing recently. Although having said that I can imagine it was an issue in the beginning or during its peak but not for many years now.

Back