Whisky

Lagavulin 8yo for £38 in Tesco with a Clubcard apparently
cheap that
Having a decent old bottle kill to "promote" some of the unopened bottles.

Not planning on buying too much more but looks like an imminent North Star release...shouldn't really...BUT

Last edited:
cheap that
Having a decent old bottle kill to "promote" some of the unopened bottles.

Not planning on buying too much more but looks like an imminent North Star release...shouldn't really...BUT
Picked up the North Star Springbank 21. A bit pricey but nowhere near as pricey as their previous suite of Springbank releases.

Bought a bottle of lagavulin 16 last year. It was spot on. Gone up in price I see this year.
You could get the 16 for £49 for quite a few years. It stayed great value as everything else shot up in price around it, but it looks like that ship has finally sailed.
That and maybe Glennallachie…wouldn’t imagine the Arran being stupidly priced
Same, I quite fancy both of those

You could get the 16 for £49 for quite a few years. It stayed great value as everything else shot up in price around it, but it looks like that ship has finally sailed.

Same, I quite fancy both of those
Yeah I paid around £50 for it last year. It's on Amazon now for £65. Think a lot of whisky is going to go up in price due to increasing demand and a shortage of supply.

Yeah I paid around £50 for it last year. It's on Amazon now for £65. Think a lot of whisky is going to go up in price due to increasing demand and a shortage of supply.
Get a bottle of the 8yo from Tesco, bargain at £38 clubcard price. Don't be put off by the relatively young age. Normally retails around £55.

Serge's website rates it as an 89 pointer, no guarantee but I find them to be decent reviewers. All down to personal taste/preference though.

I’d get your Laga stocks in soon. There are some massive Diageo price rises on the horizon.

Lagavulin 16 - 42%
Mortlach 12 - 25%
Mortlach 16 - 39%
Oban 14 - 92 %
Talisker 18 - 194%

The Talisker price rise is stunning. Guinness draught in a can is going up 9% too.

I’d get your Laga stocks in soon. There are some massive Diageo price rises on the horizon.

Lagavulin 16 - 42%
Mortlach 12 - 25%
Mortlach 16 - 39%
Oban 14 - 92 %
Talisker 18 - 194%

The Talisker price rise is stunning. Guinness draught in a can is going up 9% too.
Will happily bypass that lot, in fact nothing of Diageo I will miss.

Well nothing in my budget/bracket

Lagavulin 16 - 42%
Mortlach 12 - 25%
Mortlach 16 - 39%
Oban 14 - 92 %
Talisker 18 - 194%

That is ferocious. I like a drop of Oban as well.

Lagavulin 16 - 42%
Mortlach 12 - 25%
Mortlach 16 - 39%
Oban 14 - 92 %
Talisker 18 - 194%

Will people honestly still buy it? Daft question like cos aye they inevitably will. There are cunts out there who actually enjoy to pay more for things, morons.

Still can't quite get owa the hike on a bottle of Oban 14 though... :eek:

Back