Whisky

have to say the Glenallachie 15 is spectacularly good...I suspect its not just finished in a mix of olorosso and PX casks but there some fully maturated stuff in there its so full of dried fruit

and thanks to mrs santa I now have a 15 year old aberefeldy pomerol finish

Logon or register to see this image

Their cask strength 10 is a belter, batch 5 if you can get hold of it, otherwise batch 6 still very good.

Liking their PX finish, but one for when in mood for a sherry bomb.

I love this thread. Never posted on it because some knowledge on here is way above my range, I go for the 60-80 range.
But whisky is proper black magic.
How can a drink go from a toffee start move on with a hint of blackcurrant followed by dark chocolate and then, in the case of Benromach, that I'm drinking now, that puff of smoke appear at the end!

Black magic 😍

I love this thread. Never posted on it because some knowledge on here is way above my range, I go for the 60-80 range.
How can a drink go from a toffee start move on with a hint of blackcurrant followed by dark chocolate and then, in the case of Benromach, that I'm drinking now, that puff of smoke appear at the end!

Black magic 😍
Black magic great analogy!

Black magic 😍
It was Benromach that led me to fall in love with whisky, you describe it very well.

That’s all most of us on here spend, some cracking whisky in £50-£80 range. Welcome to the dark side :lol:
Decent haul of peat today :lol:
Ledaig 18
Ballechin SFTC 10yo Bourbon cask.
Arran Machrie Moor Cask Strength
Signatory Bunna Staoisha
Port Charlotte PAC 01

Happy Christmas all, enjoy your drams.
So added a North Star Chaos, Arran Sherry cask and Compass Box Spice Tree to that lot after visits from more family.
Very happy with that haul - never tried any of the Compass Box offerings before.

Last edited:
That’s all most of us on here spend, some cracking whisky in £50-£80 range. Welcome to the dark side :lol:

So added a North Star Chaos, Arran Sherry cask and Compass Box Spice Tree to that lot after visits from more family.
Very happy with that haul - never tried any of the Compass Box offerings before.
The Chaos is one of my favourite peated malts, think batch 2 was particularly good.
Arran also a favourite among the cask strength sherry bottles especially at the price.

Back