Whisky

Evidently misunderstood the question - thought it was about the Tyndrum bottle which isn’t even a 10yo! Brain fart.
Lol, I noticed number 2 has gone on pre order today. Never tried anything from Glenallachie but no doubt at some point I will. Nearly went in on their 15yo Madeira however soon after I spotted an almost 14yo Glen Moray Madeira for half the price

Lol, I noticed number 2 has gone on pre order today. Never tried anything from Glenallachie but no doubt at some point I will. Nearly went in on their 15yo Madeira however soon after I spotted an almost 14yo Glen Moray Madeira for half the price

Speaking of Madeira, I’ve been drinking this Barbeito Rainwater Madeira recently on the recommendation of Dawn Davies, TWE’s head buyer during their recent online festival. Liked it so much I bought the rest of TWE’s stock (only 4 bottles). Not too sweet and packs a heavy walnut punch in the finish - decent to drink alongside a Madeira influenced whisky.

Just polishing off the end of a Jura 10 'Origin' that's been lying for a while. The more I buy, the more I tend to forget some of the 'less exciting' stuff I bought and didn't get round to finishing.

This isn't bad at all, need to get my head out my pretentious arse. Decent mid-week dram.

Yeah I bought that for "drinking whisky" over the summer. Drank it.

Started in my first Whiskybroker bottle. The 10 year old Blair Athol fin a red wine barrique and it was very enjoyable. An excellent accompaniment to the Janey Godley Sturgeon videos on YouTube.

It's like sober October on this thread.

I know it's a school night, but I've just poured myself an unfeasibly large Bunnahabhain 12. I'm going to watch a couple of Fauda episodes on Netflix.
I'm trying to show a bit of discipline and stay off alcohol from Monday to Wednesday which I have now managed two weeks in a row. I'll be having a dram tomorrow night though as our lass does the big shop at Aldi on a Thursday night.

Aye generally try to stay off booze Mon- Thursday....might on a Thursday have a small one

Another AD Rattray Indy bottling turned up today ( Speyburn 10) my previous order from them had a free sample of it and quite liked it...a bit odd as got almost a perfume , dare I say it Parma Violet thing going on.
:oops:

Received all the Springbank festival bottles this week. Haven’t opened the Springbank 26yo yet but the festival Longrow Red 10yo is utterly sublime - possibly my favourite of all the reds. The Kilkerran 16yo is also very good while the Hazelburn 18yo is a little underwhelming.

I no longer seem to be able to post pics for some reason.

Last edited:
Received all the Springbank festival bottles this week. Haven’t opened the Springbank 26yo yet but the festival Longrow Red 10yo is utterly sublime - possibly my favourite of all the reds. The Kilkerran 16yo is also very good while the Hazelburn 18yo is a little underwhelming.

I no long seem to be able to post pics for some reason.

is the a Kilkerran 16 on general sale ?

is the a Kilkerran 16 on general sale ?

No. It went on sale a couple of weeks ago, first to Campbeltown festival ticket holders, then to Springbank society members. Same for all the bottles.

it’s a 14yo rather than 16, doh! Kilkerran 14
@Cee Jay looks like there’s been a small delay on the KK16 release, but they have released this press statement today.

Earlier this year Glengyle Distillery reached a milestone 16 years in production since its reopening in 2004.

From it's resurrection the team here in Campbeltown have been focused on developing a diverse range of single malts from the heavily peated, non-peated and triple distilled spirits to the much loved core 12-Years-Old edition.

We are pleased to be able to add to this core range with our highly anticipated 16-Years-Old very soon.

The 16yo joins the core range as a limited annual edition. It will be a bourbon focused maturation that allows the light, fragrant characteristics of our Kilkerran spirit to shine through.

Coming soon - stay tuned to find out more.

Last edited:
Cracked the 26yo festival Springbank tonight - outstanding, which it needed to be given the price! Typical mineral and dunnage notes with considerable fruity sweetness. It’s 98% bourbon cask and 2% Madeira, the latter has had more influence than I’d expect.

Well thats the last weekend of sober October completed, I'm not going to lie its been hard ! I've spent more on whisky in October than the rest of the year put together must have been on my mind 24/7 :lol: , just picked up a new bottling of the Benromach 15 Serge Valentin gave it an 88 the other day never had the 15 and seems a good buy at £55.

Last edited:
if you sup them all in one sitting I’d advise drinking the chinquapin oak finish last - it’s dominant.
Went overboard on Ardbeg last night so might be a little while before I touch any whisky again 🥴 😄

Did anyone get to try their smokey porter by the way? I did and I thought it was incredible, paired absolutely brilliantly with any of their malts

Went overboard on Ardbeg last night so might be a little while before I touch any whisky again 🥴 😄

Did anyone get to try their smokey porter by the way? I did and I thought it was incredible, paired absolutely brilliantly with any of their malts

didn’t but also had a peaty night last night ( Bunna moine, elements of Islay and Lagavulin’s)
suffered on bike today and not just the wind making it hard 🥃 🥃

Back