Whisky

Springbank cage bottles are those taken from a cask for tasting/testing purposes - all are unique. They generally range from 7 - 19yo and can be any of the 3 brands and any cask type (though bourbon casks are most frequent). They range in price from £55 - £90 dependent on the age of the whisky. They can only be purchased in person from Cadenhead Campbeltown.

I’ve got about 20 cage bottles at the moment - mostly Springbank and Hazelburn as there hasn’t been much Longrow when I’ve visited. All of the bottles I have are in the 13-17yo range with the following cask types: fresh & refill bourbon, refill sherry, fresh & refill port, burgundy and Chardonnay. Port cask Springer is the most sought after amongst cage bottles.

There would have been a new cadenhead cage also this summer if not for covid - they’ll have that in place once all the related restrictions are removed and they get more visitors.

sound decent value ...
If ever life returns to normal I fancy Campbeltown trip...though want to get Islay re booked first

Springbank cage bottles are those taken from a cask for tasting/testing purposes - all are unique. They generally range from 7 - 19yo and can be any of the 3 brands and any cask type (though bourbon casks are most frequent). They range in price from £55 - £90 dependent on the age of the whisky. They can only be purchased in person from Cadenhead Campbeltown.

I’ve got about 20 cage bottles at the moment - mostly Springbank and Hazelburn as there hasn’t been much Longrow when I’ve visited. All of the bottles I have are in the 13-17yo range with the following cask types: fresh & refill bourbon, refill sherry, fresh & refill port, burgundy and Chardonnay. Port cask Springer is the most sought after amongst cage bottles.

There would have been a new cadenhead cage also this summer if not for covid - they’ll have that in place once all the related restrictions are removed and they get more visitors.
If I'd have known that before I went I would have taken a closer look for definite, but as soon as I saw hand written labels etc I just thought they'd be really pricey. Shame, although I'm thoroughly enjoying their 10yo, my first time trying it and it's wonderful

I'm intending to have a pilgrimage to that neck of the woods and combine the whisky with golf at Machrihanish.

If I'd have known that before I went I would have taken a closer look for definite, but as soon as I saw hand written labels etc I just thought they'd be really pricey. Shame, although I'm thoroughly enjoying their 10yo, my first time trying it and it's wonderful

Springbank 10 is a lovely drop

All of the core range Springers are very drinkable and most are priced fairly decently.
The 15 was £59 and I nearly went for it but wanted to start at the beginning with the 10. I'll definitely be into Campbelltown for more whisky in the future. So far I've only tried Victoriana C/S, Kilkerran 12 and now this, and each of them are superb IMO

The 15 was £59 and I nearly went for it but wanted to start at the beginning with the 10. I'll definitely be into Campbelltown for more whisky in the future. So far I've only tried Victoriana C/S, Kilkerran 12 and now this, and each of them are superb IMO

The 12 and 21 were the pick of the core range for me this year, but there wasn’t a dud amongst them.

This may interest @Chappers
Got one a few weeks ago. Cheers

Back