Whisky

As I've said before - I let the gods decide what whisky I drink and a roll of the dice decides how much during a week. The idea is to make sure i don't turn into a whisky alcoholic as i would drink the stuff every night.

So, have used the dice as follows - if a 4 comes out that is 16 shots of whisky that week. Broken down as 4 shots over 4 nights, so a 5 means 20 shots over 5 night and so on.

Decided that if a 1 came out it was a whisky free week.

I knew this day would some when a 1 turned up. So this long thread Is my way of saying no whisky this week for me.

My heart is broken 💔
Edit - Have decided to soften the blow that should a 1 every appear then I will cheer myself up with a new purchase of whisky, which seems a fair trade.

Glenfiddich 15 will be my new arrival today.

Last edited:
Canny whisky documentary on amazon called scotch the golden dram, most of which people on here will already know but still worth a watch if you haven't seen it, one on about Islay too which is less good but still about whisky 😀

Canny whisky documentary on amazon called scotch the golden dram, most of which people on here will already know but still worth a watch if you haven't seen it, one on about Islay too which is less good but still about whisky 😀

Watched one called Scotch! The Story of Whisky presented by David Hayman a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, not available on iPlayer at the min but may be found elsewhere I'm not sure. Worth watching if you get the chance IMO. Will look up the one on Amazon

Edit:- Googled it and all 3 episodes came up right at the top of the page Google

Last edited:
Watched one called Scotch! The Story of Whisky presented by David Hayman a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, not available on iPlayer at the min but may be found elsewhere I'm not sure. Worth watching if you get the chance IMO. Will look up the one on Amazon

Edit:- Googled it and all 3 episodes came up right at the top of the page Google
Yeh I've seen that it was a good watch it was a few yr back

Watching that I discovered that in some uni up in Scotland you can actually do a degree on the subject. Then, whilst watching Reporting Scotland the other night they were speaking to a fella who did it and has now set up his own rum distillery... Matugga Rum Class
Surely if you have to do a degree on whisky, you would have to sample it. Sounds like the best course, ever

Surely if you have to do a degree on whisky, you would have to sample it. Sounds like the best course, ever
Sample it, distill it, blend it as well as visit a shit ton of distilleries to learn your trade... Wish I'd have been as interested in whisky when I was a young 'un as I am now, dream come true doing a degree like that
Some cracking prices on Amazon for prime members (prime day) Just bagged a Laphroaig Quarter Cask for £24.90
Aaarrgghh, fuckin auto edit shit!>!>>!??!? :mad:

Last edited:
Sample it, distill it, blend it as well as visit a shit ton of distilleries to learn your trade... Wish I'd have been as interested in whisky when I was a young 'un as I am now, dream come true doing a degree like that
Some cracking prices on Amazon for prime members (prime day) Just bagged a Laphroaig Quarter Cask for £24.90
Aaarrgghh, fuckin auto edit shit!>!>>!??!? :mad:

Aye loads of bargains, unfortunately for me I've tried them already and was looking for something new to try.

Was tempted by the Auchentoshan 18 for £51 but I'm giving it a miss and I'll check again tomorrow

Aye loads of bargains, unfortunately for me I've tried them already and was looking for something new to try.

Was tempted by the Auchentoshan 18 for £51 but I'm giving it a miss and I'll check again tomorrow

The Tamdhu 12 I've never had so might get, along with a replacement Laphroaig QC
Aberlour a'bundha reduced but still like to see it a bit cheaper...Laga GOT a decent price as well.
Tynedrum got some interesting Glenallechies

Tempted with their 10 yr old cask strength

Last edited:
The Tamdhu 12 I've never had so might get, along with a replacement Laphroaig QC
Aberlour a'bundha reduced but still like to see it a bit cheaper...Laga GOT a decent price as well.

Agree about Aberlour. A lot of the stuff has been reduced to that price before, several times. I was hoping to see something different getting a discount.

The Laga GOT is great value, as is the Laphroaig QC and the Auchentoshan 3 wood, Glengoyne 12, and the Dalmore 12 gift pack as a Xmas present or if you need a couple of glasses.

Anyone tried the GOT Oban Little Bay for £36? I might relent and pick that up.

Agree about Aberlour. A lot of the stuff has been reduced to that price before, several times. I was hoping to see something different getting a discount.

The Laga GOT is great value, as is the Laphroaig QC and the Auchentoshan 3 wood, Glengoyne 12, and the Dalmore 12 gift pack as a Xmas present or if you need a couple of glasses.

looked at that and if I can just get my head around the awful "marketing" and GOT black bottle I might be tempted.
Glengoyne 12 is lovely and a superb price but got an opened and a spare so will swerve.

Like to think there are more deals or is this it ?

I fired up the Oban quite recently and I'm not that fussed on it. It's not bad, but just not that good IMHO, nothing outstanding anyway. I'd go for the Laga 9 over it every time.
Tynedrum got some interesting Glenallechies

Tempted with their 10 yr old cask strength
I like the look (and sound) of their chinquapin finish

I fired up the Oban quite recently and I'm not that fussed on it. It's not bad, but just not that good IMHO, nothing outstanding anyway. I'd go for the Laga 9 over it every time.

I like the look (and sound) of their chinquapin finish

I have the chinquapin Glenallachie, it’s interesting but not something I’d recommend. Tyndrum‘s own Glenallachie bottling is one of the best I’ve tried from that distillery.

Back