Whisky

Just been looking is amazon the best place for buying, guessing supermarkets don’t usually stock?
For buying one bottle, Amazon's free delivery usually works out to be the best option. There aren't many decent offers at the moment that I can see but Genmorangie 10 at £26 is decent value to me although I am also a novice whisky drinker.

Just been looking is amazon the best place for buying, guessing supermarkets don’t usually stock?

Amazon saves you on delivery charges, I'd prefer to use the ones CeeJay mentions but Amazon are hard to beat starting out. I wouldn't go much over the £40 mark yet. Some give 5-10% off if you subscribe, so you can order and then just cancel the subscription repeat order.

Same price
Old Pulteney 12 £24
Glengoyne 10 £27.49

Or up in price a bit if you want 'better' (subjective!)
Ledaig 10 £38.90
Deanston 12 £37.90
Glendronach 12 £40.95

Amazon saves you on delivery charges, I'd prefer to use the ones CeeJay mentions but Amazon are hard to beat starting out. I wouldn't go much over the £40 mark yet. Some give 5-10% off if you subscribe, so you can order and then just cancel the subscription repeat order.

Same price
Old Pulteney 12 £24
Glengoyne 10 £27.49

Or up in price a bit if you want 'better' (subjective!)
Ledaig 10 £38.90
Deanston 12 £37.90
Glendronach 12 £40.95

The Glengoyne 12 was on offer recently at a cracking price.
All the above are decent shouts.

I‘d maybe add the Bunnahabhain 12 as well

Of those listed below, Dalmore is probably closest to Aberlour, though as others mentioned earlier, Glendronach, Glengoyne, Aultmore or Glenfarclas probably are most similar.

Dalmore 12yo
Glen Garioch 12yo
Hazelburn 10yo
Miltonduff 10yo G&M Dis
Kilchoman Sanaig (peated)
Ardmore 2011 Carn Mor (lightly peated)
If you’re prepare to go a couple of quid over budget this 10yo Edradour is a very decent, highly sherried whisky.
Tyndrum store link for the Edradour.

Last edited:
Of those listed below, Dalmore is probably closest to Aberlour, though as others mentioned earlier, Glendronach, Glengoyne, Aultmore or Glenfarclas probably are most similar.

Dalmore 12yo
Glen Garioch 12yo
Hazelburn 10yo
Miltonduff 10yo G&M Dis
Kilchoman Sanaig (peated)
Ardmore 2011 Carn Mor (lightly peated)
If you’re prepare to go a couple of quid over budget this 10yo Edradour is a very decent, highly sherried whisky.
Tyndrum store link for the Edradour.

Aye, I like using Tyndrum.

Here's a nice one Wakey, comes with two glasses for £40 including shipping:

Anyone interested in trying the Buffalo Trace antique collection, they're currently running a lottery on drams. Works out about a tenner per 30ml shot like, I've only entered the William Larue Weller and Eagle Rare. The WLW from the 2016 collection (thanks @shakerman) is the finest American whiskey I've ever had the good fortune of trying New Whisky Arrivals - Master of Malt

Anyone interested in trying the Buffalo Trace antique collection, they're currently running a lottery on drams. Works out about a tenner per 30ml shot like, I've only entered the William Larue Weller and Eagle Rare. The WLW from the 2016 collection (thanks @shakerman) is the finest American whiskey I've ever had the good fortune of trying New Whisky Arrivals - Master of Malt

I’ve entered for the same 2. Happy to let you have them if I get the opportunity to purchase either and you don’t.

I’ve entered for the same 2. Happy to let you have them if I get the opportunity to purchase either and you don’t.

Cheers 👍 I'm going in for the bottle draw as well, cos MoM are usually good on sticking close to MSRP's with American stuff I've noticed. Whisky Exchange did a similar thing a few month back and they sold them at MSRP n'all. They're the only 2 I've ever seen do it mind

Their 12 is very solid but the cask strength is superb...do like their recent heavily peated as well 👍
I've only ever had the 12 in that sample you gave me and I loved it, was sorely tempted to pick up a bottle in Cadenhead's but had promised myself only one bottle and I opted for the Springbank 10
Just had notification that I was unsuccessful on both :cry: So on the bottle lottery I've gone in for all 5, at least it increases my odds. And tbf at the price they're going for I'd be happy with either of them

Last edited:

Back