Whisky

New PX cask Bimber klub release due out soon. Interestingly they’re adding purchasers membership numbers to the label. About time the industry started making some kind of effort to combat flipping.
Its good idea and each member is guaranteed a bottle if they want one so will make for a better buying experience, I'll be buying mine

I was after a bottle of the batch #1 oloroso and there was 6 for sale on the last whisky auctineer auction, I put a max bid of £90 on each lot before I went to bed hoping I'd get lucky with one, when I woke up I'd won all 6 so I'm well stocked now :lol:

I have a bottle but not opened it yet. I’ve preferred the non-sherried so far, but obviously there’s only been a few. I think this is the first PX bottle since the inaugural release.

I have a bottle but not opened it yet. I’ve preferred the non-sherried so far, but obviously there’s only been a few. I think this is the first PX bottle since the inaugural release.
I also like the re-charred I bought a bottle when you recommended it a while back, and they were at the Newcastle whisky lounge festival earlier in the year giving samples, even their new make is good.

Last edited:
@Cee Jay looks like KK16 is going to be released on Friday, alongside a Hazelburn 13yo sherry wood (didn’t care for it at a recent tasting) and the latest Springbank 12 CS.

cheers for heads up...the Springbank sounds good as well
@Cee Jay looks like KK16 is going to be released on Friday, alongside a Hazelburn 13yo sherry wood (didn’t care for it at a recent tasting) and the latest Springbank 12 CS.

If I decide to try and get KK or Springbank which online retailers do you suggest ?
Just put another bulk order( for me and mates) into my favourite Dutch website so was going to not buy for a short while.

Last edited:
cheers for heads up...the Springbank sounds good as well

If I decide to try and get KK or Springbank which online retailers do you suggest ?
Just put another bulk order( for me and mates) into my favourite Dutch website so was going to not buy for a short while.

I usually buy from Abbey, Tyndrum or Royal Mile Whiskies. The latter are often the first retailer to list new releases on their website.
Ive been given some Chivas regal that was bought for my granda before he passed away 2 years ago.

Is it any good.. i normally drink famous grouse

It has a lot of similarities to famous grouse so if you enjoy that, chances are you'll like chivas.
£56 for the Kilkerran 16 apparently, seems well priced!
Doing the Kilkerran festival tasting tonight, including the 16yo - it’ll definitely be in my shopping list.

Last edited:
I usually buy from Abbey, Tyndrum or Royal Mile Whiskies. The latter are often the first retailer to list new releases on their website.

It has a lot of similarities to famous grouse so if you enjoy that, chances are you'll like chivas.
£56 for the Kilkerran 16 apparently, seems well priced!
Doing the Kilkerran festival tasting tonight, including the 16yo - it’ll definitely be in my shopping list.
Managed to bag a bottle of the deanston amontillado, I phoned the visitor centre and they still have some in the shop, have you tried yours ?

Managed to bag a bottle of the deanston amontillado, I phoned the visitor centre and they still have some in the shop, have you tried yours ?

I have indeed. It's a little weird and unlike any other Deanston I've ever tried. It's been hit and miss with a few folks I've sent samples to (possibly due to the slight sulphur notes) but I really rather like it. I get a lot of tobacco and unripened green fruit from it.

I have indeed. It's a little weird and unlike any other Deanston I've ever tried. It's been hit and miss with a few folks I've sent samples to (possibly due to the slight sulphur notes) but I really rather like it. I get a lot of tobacco and unripened green fruit from it.
Looking forward to trying it I'm expecting it to be quite different 15/16 yr in that cask , I've only had their bourbon cask stuff before.

Looking forward to trying it I'm expecting it to be quite different 15/16 yr in that cask , I've only had their bourbon cask stuff before.

They’re an underrated distillery in my eyes, but their prices are sadly starting to creep up. Their 10yo Bordeaux cask is really quite decent too. I got the dragons milk stout cask from a recent Amazon offer - it’s the only recent release from them I’m indifferent about.

Ok so finished the Arbelour 12 I bought for golf and thoroughly enjoyed it.

should I want to step up to something down the same lines but better what should I buy?

Ok so finished the Arbelour 12 I bought for golf and thoroughly enjoyed it.

should I want to step up to something down the same lines but better what should I buy?

maybe a Glenallachie 12 ? Glendronach 12 another option.....sure others can chip in
Tamdhu 12 or a Benromach...others

Last edited:

Back