Which band "sold out" the most from their early stuff.

Not a band but Calvin Harris did some decent collaborations early on but then sold out and has done some horrendous stuff recently.
I saw David Guetta DJing years ago in the 2nd room at foundation he was class. I'd only heard one of his productions at the time and liked it. He has released some very successful commercial shite since then.

I've got about 40 van the man albums, treat him as peak and troughs, will never repeat moondance and material around that era but he does come up with occasional gems, recent one( well 2 or 4 years ago ) ' keep me singing; is in me top 10 van albums.
did consider new album but read guardian review and thought better of it.
I've not heard much of the album, but for me, the single "Only A Song" is the best he's done in years

TBH, whilst I haven't listened to it, I wouldn't judge the new Van Morrison album based on that. Uncut gave it 8/10. I'm just not sure I want to listen to anything he's released since 1974, aside from some songs.
I think he must have re-invented himself at some point in the 90's. I got in to him then from seeing him somewhere live and then went back and discovered the whole back catalogue, massive fan after that but he's just a lazy songwriter now

U2, anything after the unforgettable fire although I did buy the Joshua tree.
Really don’t like them now.
U2's debut album Boy is one of my favourite albums of all time, and it was apparent even from that one album, how big they would become.
The follow up, October was the biggest pile of crap I've ever had the misfortune to listen to in comparison and I've never had time for them since

Back