Which band "sold out" the most from their early stuff.

In all seriousness this time, covering a pop song isn't selling out. Nothing about FNM's albums from Introduce Yourself forward gives any hint of sacrificing ideals to make it big. They did whatever they wanted to
FNM War Pigs cover is the best cover i've ever heard, NEARLY better than the original. I saw them at Rock City in 88, Just thought they'd end up more Punk/Funk than the juggernaut Rock outfit they've ended up. Not heard much over the last few years if im honest...ok strike them off the list...and James...and Michael Jackson

Genesis would be up in my top few
Lost two huge creative forces, first Peter Gabriel, and Steve Hackett a bit later. Each time they changed and became something different.
but I think Roxy Music would be my first choice. Loved their first two albums but things went seriously downhill later.
Do you think this is down to Brian Eno leaving ? Again, they changed after that.

Towards the end, they were little more than a backing band for Bryan Ferry's warbling.

FNM War Pigs cover is the best cover i've ever heard, NEARLY better than the original. I saw them at Rock City in 88, Just thought they'd end up more Punk/Funk than the juggernaut Rock outfit they've ended up. Not heard much over the last few years if im honest...ok strike them off the list...and James...and Michael Jackson
I picked up a new 7inch of theirs a few years ago called cone of shame. Pretty good.

The real thing album is probably their most commercial sounding tbf

I dont think Green Day have changed that much mind. They always had a fairly commercial sound, the pre dookie stuff was more just cheap production.

Offspring completely sold out though. Ignition & Smash are great albums, then signed to a major label & started doing a lot more poppier stuff.
Dookie and Nimrod were class. After that it wasn't very good bar the odd good song.

Ixnay on the hombre was the offspring's last good album.

Kids aren't alright is a cracking song but pretty fly for a white guy and why don't you get a job are crap along with the rest of Americana

Dookie and Nimrod were class. After that it wasn't very good bar the odd good song.

Ixnay on the hombre was the offspring's last good album.

Kids aren't alright is a cracking song but pretty fly for a white guy and why don't you get a job are crap along with the rest of Americana

Most of the offsprings later albums still do have 2 or 3 decent tracks on them (although not yet heard the current one they've just released). But why dont you get a job is shite & sounds like Ob-la-di

Green days post American idiot just sound the same & obviously just ran out of ideas.

Back