Whatever you think of QUEEN

Think it will be a decent watch tbh and they have used Freddys voice in the singing parts. I’m not a massive fan but I do like some of their tunes! But the Live Aid performance was absolutely amazing.

Jagger doesn't take himself seriously which I think is an admirable quality in a rock singer. Look at Bono or Sting to see where taking yourself seriously gets you.

There's a quote from Roger Daltrey on Freddie's Wikipedia page "The Who lead singer Roger Daltrey called Mercury "the best virtuoso rock 'n' roll singer of all time. He could sing anything in any style. He could change his style from line to line and, God, that's an art. And he was brilliant at it."
A totally agreed that Freddie was the best singer of a generation (fact) I did see them with Paul Rogers a few years back and he was a canny chanter. Bit like going to see a tribute band but they have some class tunes, Love oF my Life being my favourite

Last edited:
Saw it last night. As an entertainment it is a thing to behold, some great acting, great cinematography and the music is beautifully done. However, as a self confessed Queen geek, it was hard to ignore the huge flaws in both the timeline and the story. I realise it was hard to tell such a lengthy and dramatic true story in around 2 hours and indeed, a 4 hour epic would probably still see interesting bits left out, but there was fake stuff that wasn't necessary and real stuff omitted to the detriment of the overall movie. That said, the cinema was packed and there were plenty of smiling faces and quite a buzz afterwards, people were quick to start texting and putting stuff on Facebook, I think the casual fan and the general public will really enjoy it. I will continue to look forward to the rumoured 3hr+ Directors cut - but knowing Queen that'll be 5-10 years away.

Rami Malek becomes Freddie Mercury in this movie, it is worth seeing it for that reason alone.

Saw it last night. As an entertainment it is a thing to behold, some great acting, great cinematography and the music is beautifully done. However, as a self confessed Queen geek, it was hard to ignore the huge flaws in both the timeline and the story. I realise it was hard to tell such a lengthy and dramatic true story in around 2 hours and indeed, a 4 hour epic would probably still see interesting bits left out, but there was fake stuff that wasn't necessary and real stuff omitted to the detriment of the overall movie. That said, the cinema was packed and there were plenty of smiling faces and quite a buzz afterwards, people were quick to start texting and putting stuff on Facebook, I think the casual fan and the general public will really enjoy it. I will continue to look forward to the rumoured 3hr+ Directors cut - but knowing Queen that'll be 5-10 years away.

Rami Malek becomes Freddie Mercury in this movie, it is worth seeing it for that reason alone.
Similar with the NWA biopic - good for casuals

After watching the trailer for the movie I went onto YouTube to watch the Queen performance at Live Aid. Was 14 when it happened and just have vague recollections of watching it. Blew me away this time round. What a front man, what a performance.
I think there are a few rediscovering Queen mate.

Cant wait to see film. I had a text off a mate last night who went with his lady. He is not a Queen fan but said the film was brilliant and the best thing he had seen since Shawshank Redemption!

Yeah Im fairly knowlegable on music. My mate asked me about Freddie's assistant (I guessing Prenter) - I think he is potrayed as the bad guy. I know Roger Taylor particularly hated him and blamed him for a lot of the issues in the band in the early 80s.

Back