Whatever you think of QUEEN

Yeah Im fairly knowlegable on music. My mate asked me about Freddie's assistant (I guessing Prenter) - I think he is potrayed as the bad guy. I know Roger Taylor particularly hated him and blamed him for a lot of the issues in the band in the early 80s.

Prenter was a twat like. Sold Mercury out to the papers revealing he was gay and that two of his lovers had died from Aids which started the rumours he himself had it.

In those days that could have ruined the band. Bear in mind Queen bombed in America following the I want to break free video.

Yeah Im fairly knowlegable on music. My mate asked me about Freddie's assistant (I guessing Prenter) - I think he is potrayed as the bad guy. I know Roger Taylor particularly hated him and blamed him for a lot of the issues in the band in the early 80s.
He is portrayed that way and justifiably so. he very nearly ruined the band and Freddie. The movie handles that very well in a sanitised sort of way.

Prenter was a twat like. Sold Mercury out to the papers revealing he was gay and that two of his lovers had died from Aids which started the rumours he himself had it.

In those days that could have ruined the band. Bear in mind Queen bombed in America following the I want to break free video.
Aye I have read a lot on Queen. Prenter was a poison. Im sure if Brian May and Roger taylor had a say they wouldnt show him in a good light...I want to see the film!!

Freddie gets the stick for the I Want to Break Free video which bombed them in the states in the 80s but it was Roger Taylor's idea.

Just shows that some folk have nee taste in music or appreciation for how big a band Queen were back in the day.

There a few timeline issues (Under Pressure featured in the '84-'85 segment when it was out in 1980) but on the whole, it was a brilliant movie.

I'm concerned about the absence of John Deacon as Executive Producer. There was quite a few in-jokes through the film regarding him and I fear that only 2/3 of the facts were true.

After all, it's patently clear that Deacon didn't come up with the bass-line for "Another One Bites The Dust" (it was Bernard Edwards of Chic, he used it for "Good Times")

The breathtaking bit was the last segment where the Live Aid gig was re-enacted. Some awesome CGI, great (virtual) camera angles and the whole atmosphere was superbly-caught.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Just shows that some folk have nee taste in music or appreciation for how big a band Queen were back in the day.

There a few timeline issues (Under Pressure featured in the '84-'85 segment when it was out in 1980) but on the whole, it was a brilliant movie.

I'm concerned about the absence of John Deacon as Executive Producer. There was quite a few in-jokes through the film regarding him and I fear that only 2/3 of the facts were true.

After all, it's patently clear that Deacon didn't come up with the bass-line for "Another One Bites The Dust" (it was Bernard Edwards of Chic, he used it for "Good Times")

The breathtaking bit was the last segment where the Live Aid gig was re-enacted. Some awesome CGI, great (virtual) camera angles and the whole atmosphere was superbly-caught.

I appreciate how big they are I just think they're utter shit.

Freddie gets the stick for the I Want to Break Free video which bombed them in the states in the 80s but it was Roger Taylor's idea.

The USA should take the stick for that. There was nowt wrong with that video, so fuck them. They saturated MTV with mid 80s Whitesnake instead, so their judgement about what's all right to show isn't worth shite

Deacon has absolutely nothing to do with Queen these days apart from advising on finance/business matters.

Slated by the guardian.

Apparently the rest of the band wanted to kill FM off halfway through the film and have them going from strength to strength at the end :lol: that's why SBC walked out and they had to get a new Freddie.

Back