Whatever you think of QUEEN

Yes, the reason that Sacha Baron Cohen walked away apparently. Sacha Baron Cohen: I quit Freddie Mercury biopic after dispute with Queen

Will be interesting to see if they end with his death or if this article is correct.
I dont think he walked away as he said. Sacked off I understand.

I doubt it. Music is kind of focused on marketing and looks nowadays and of course you have shite like the X Factor sapping all the life out of it. Can you imagine the young Who on the X Factor ?
Aye or Queen :)

Yes, the reason that Sacha Baron Cohen walked away apparently. Sacha Baron Cohen: I quit Freddie Mercury biopic after dispute with Queen

Will be interesting to see if they end with his death or if this article is correct.
Taylor backed up the joke line from that article recently, claiming that cohen wanted to take freddie down the borat comedy avenue. i think baron cohen had a point thougt that from a dramatic pov the film would need climax at live aid, rather than either his death or 'what the band' did next.

Taylor backed up the joke line from that article recently, claiming that cohen wanted to take freddie down the borat comedy avenue. i think baron cohen had a point thougt that from a dramatic pov the film would need climax at live aid, rather than either his death or 'what the band' did next.

He definitely had a point about the ending but if that first part is correct it's no wonder he left/got sacked.
Would've been an odd route to go down and the point about him being too well known makes sense as well.

I doubt i'll bother with it at the cinema but will still like to see it eventually. Rami Malek does look like a great replacement

I doubt it. Music is kind of focused on marketing and looks nowadays and of course you have shite like the X Factor sapping all the life out of it. Can you imagine the young Who on the X Factor ?
They wouldn't get past the first audition. "You're not relevant" from a 60 year old judge.:lol:

Just had a snapchat from my youngest daughter, who has just come out of a screening of this.

She's 14 (so fuck right off), doesn't like 'oldie' music, but says the film is the best she's ever seen.

To put that into context for music/film lovers, she's been watching Mamma Mia (1 &2) and a The Greatest Showman repeatedly lately.

Just had a snapchat from my youngest daughter, who has just come out of a screening of this.

She's 14 (so fuck right off), doesn't like 'oldie' music, but says the film is the best she's ever seen.

To put that into context for music/film lovers, she's been watching Mamma Mia (1 &2) and a The Greatest Showman repeatedly lately.
Mixed reviews from the 'experts' but those who have witnessed it have said its brilliant.

Pretty much like Queen's music then. :)

Last edited:
Daltrey for me. Jagger is almost a comical self-parody, IMO. I never liked the Stones. The Who are one of the greatest acts that ever graced this planet.

Jagger doesn't take himself seriously which I think is an admirable quality in a rock singer. Look at Bono or Sting to see where taking yourself seriously gets you.

There's a quote from Roger Daltrey on Freddie's Wikipedia page "The Who lead singer Roger Daltrey called Mercury "the best virtuoso rock 'n' roll singer of all time. He could sing anything in any style. He could change his style from line to line and, God, that's an art. And he was brilliant at it."

Back