What will happen to motorbikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it astonishing that bikes are allowed to filter through traffic like this.Asking for trouble and should be clamped down on

I was very surprised there was little to no mention of filtering when I was doing my lessons or test. It took me quite awhile of filling very slowly in wide gaps to get an confidence doing it, and I had already had experience doing it on a bicycle. I always had it in my mind that the bike was much wider. To this day I am nowhere near as confident (crazy) as some people so seem to try and squeeze through any gap.

I’ll probably go back to being more reserved when I eventually start back at work, I haven’t rode it since March and it felt weird moving onto the drive to tidy the garage over the weekend.

Lost control of his bike then fucked off without speaking to the damaged cars driver. Lovely bloke and doesn’t back up any points made about bikers made so far.

He had the nerve to call me a bad driver for doing 30 in a 30 😂 meanwhile this lad can’t handle his bike, damages other vehicles, then lies to the other driver and the police!

Filtering through traffic towards Albert Bridge in London a XR3i moved over a little either to stop me or so he could get a better look ahead. There was still enough room to get through but just as I got level with the car I hit the white dividing line and slid sideways towards the car, just enough to clip his mirror and send it bouncing over the cars in front. The lights ahead just changed to green at that moment so I carried on while he was honking his horn in anger. 2 months later I get an invitation to visit my local police station, the bugger had only managed to get my registration and this was before Dash Cams. I just denied it, I said if I'd hit a mirror hard enough to break it off I'd have known, I suggested I might have just touched it and the driver was trying to claim for an already broken mirror. The police believed me :D . Payback really for the number of times cars pull over to stop me filtering perfectly legally between stationary traffic.

You might be onto something there, what with his Brokeback "wild" Camping weekends and he's always mentioning his missus in posts.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
You little tinker.

XR3i - was this the 1980s and you still haven't got over the rush.

He had the nerve to call me a bad driver for doing 30 in a 30 😂 meanwhile this lad can’t handle his bike, damages other vehicles, then lies to the other driver and the police!
Really shit that like. All these years later and still proud of it. God knows what else he has done if pushed on the subject. He’s done nowt but name call and now this. Clearly an angry road user with a sense of entitlement

Okay so I'm filtering perfectly legally between traffic, the car driver from a standstill pull over to his right either on purpose or due to not looking in his mirrors causing me to have to move to the right to avoid a collision. That is an offence, to cause another vehicle to alter speed or position to avoid a collision is an offence. If he did it because he didn't look then it's careless driving, if he did it on purpose then it's dangerous driving. I suppose I should have stopped and reported his poor/dangerous driving to the police and got him prosecuted but I reckon having to replace his mirror was enough punishment.

It's ridiculous crack really.
Thing is I know lads the same. We’re supposed to believe that bikers are some lovely lads out safe as houses. Lads I know that do it break the speed limit and drive like lunatics. Bikers take ridiculous chances all the time and could easily drive head first into a family car on a day trip. They couldn’t give a fuck
Okay so I'm filtering perfectly legally between traffic, the car driver from a standstill pull over to his right either on purpose or due to not looking in his mirrors causing me to have to move to the right to avoid a collision. That is an offence, to cause another vehicle to alter speed or position to avoid a collision is an offence. If he did it because he didn't look then it's careless driving, if he did it on purpose then it's dangerous driving. I suppose I should have stopped and reported his poor/dangerous driving to the police and got him prosecuted but I reckon having to replace his mirror was enough punishment.
So you’re admitting you damaged his car on purpose?

Last edited:
Thing is I know lads the same. We’re supposed to believe that bikers are some lovely lads out safe as houses. Lads I know that do it break the speed limit and drive like lunatics. Bikers take ridiculous chances all the time and could easily drive head first into a family car on a day trip. They couldn’t give a fuck

So you’re admitting you damaged his car on purpose?
They may even hit you, on the bus.

So you lost control of your bike, fled the scene of an accident and lied to the police about it, but you think you’re in the right?

Please stick to the country roads of West Sussex!

They may even hit you, on the bus.
You’re beginning to look stupid mate. You’re doing nothing for the reputations of bikers here. In fact you’re only going to prove you think you’re hard for riding bikes. Thinly veiled threats make you look dumb.

When we go all electric in 15 years?

It'll finally be the end of bikes. Personally I’m pleased as I hate them. Was also thinking of all those vintage and classic cars will be going to rust. Will seem a shame but I suppose we will have to move forward. Noticed during the peak of lockdown the air was lovely in the city centre and maybe a peek into the future.

erm won’t they just make electric motorbikes 🏍? They probably exist already

what will happen to flights when the oil runs out, is more concerning

It does sound like you were cutting it a bit fine though mate, legally or not.
Sometimes you have to hang back rather than be hopped up on legalities and going fullblown Road Rash

Sometimes you have to hang back rather than be hopped up on legalities and going fullblown Road Rash
He's even admitted to wobbling after hitting the white line mate. Wobbled and slid sideways damaging the car and f***ing off. Cutting it a bit fine seems a bit of an understatement.

He's even admitted to wobbling after hitting the white line mate. Wobbled and slid sideways damaging the car and f***ing off. Cutting it a bit fine seems a bit of an understatement.
Putting it mildly.

Next he'll say he enjoyed three pints at lunch before flying off.

He said that he had enough space but hit it anyway. He then admitted he lied to the police. That’s all that matters here.

You sound like a very poor driver, no control over your emotions either by the sound of it.

If I sound like a very poor driver because I floored it out of a 30 after the speed limit sign, what does that make someone who hits another vehicle, flees the scene and then lies to the police?

Just curious.

Perjuring themselves.

Iffy when you see it written/typed out in full..
Yep. Came on the thread aggressive and has continued to act hard all the way through. Surprise surprise it turns out he is an aggressive driver and is still proud of himself for hitting a car on purpose then lying to the police About 30 year ago. What a life.

Yep. Came on the thread aggressive and has continued to act hard all the way through. Surprise surprise it turns out he is an aggressive driver and is still proud of himself for hitting a car on purpose then lying to the police About 30 year ago. What a life.
RTAs everywhere he goes when dropping a cog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back