What will happen to motorbikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
When we go all electric in 15 years?

It'll finally be the end of bikes. Personally I’m pleased as I hate them. Was also thinking of all those vintage and classic cars will be going to rust. Will seem a shame but I suppose we will have to move forward. Noticed during the peak of lockdown the air was lovely in the city centre and maybe a peek into the future.

When we go all electric in 15 years?

It'll finally be the end of bikes. Personally I’m pleased as I hate them. Was also thinking of all those vintage and classic cars will be going to rust. Will seem a shame but I suppose we will have to move forward. Noticed during the peak of lockdown the air was lovely in the city centre and maybe a peek into the future.
are you the bloke who hasnt passed his driving test yet iirc?

anyway, back to the question. bikes will be around long after 15 years, people tend to hang on to them a lot longer and they are still roadworthy 30+ years on. unlike cars which tend to be disposable after 10-15 years. electric bikes will make an appearance also, there is racing ebikes now and the speeds are something to behold.

so to sum up. learn to accept them as they are going no ware.

are you the bloke who hasnt passed his driving test yet iirc?

anyway, back to the question. bikes will be around long after 15 years, people tend to hang on to them a lot longer and they are still roadworthy 30+ years on. unlike cars which tend to be disposable after 10-15 years. electric bikes will make an appearance also, there is racing ebikes now and the speeds are something to behold.

so to sum up. learn to accept them as they are going no ware.
No. It’s something you made up. Even if it were true it would have no relevance to this subject.

Germany has banned the combustion engine from 2030 so we will clearly do the same. Bikes will be finished really. Will be great that. I really enjoyed the peace of lockdown. Wish we could bring it down to 2030 like the Germans though.

No. It’s something you made up. Even if it were true it would have no relevance to this subject.

Germany has banned the combustion engine from 2030 so we will clearly do the same. Bikes will be finished really. Will be great that. I really enjoyed the peace of lockdown. Wish we could bring it down to 2030 like the Germans though.
What do you hate about them?
Just the noise?

Personally can't stand motorbikes and would be chuffed to bits to see them banned from the roads. The noise is one thing, but they're a danger to themselves and to others. Nailed on, if you're doing 60 in a 60, the bike will speed to overtake. The motorbike evangelists say on here it's because it's safer to be as far away from other cars as possible, but if your vehicle presents a danger to you, in the presence of other road users, it might not be suitable for public roads.

We'll all be in electric self-driving vehicles by the turn of the century, so that'll be the death knell for the motorbike on public roads.

Long term, petrol engine driven bikes and cars will be more for leisure/enjoyment and electric powered vehicles will be the norm.

A bit like what happened to horses.

There’s nothing like the buzz of a 4 stroke 4 cylinder superbike as it tears through the Rev range with a loud can on.
Well they’ll be for nothing as they’re being banned.

or you didn't drive, it was one of the two...

again, ebikes will take over, natural progression. if the combustion engine is ceasing production in Germany from 2030 it will be a fair few years til the last models disappear. so the scary noises are here for a while yet...

Human beings love being on the edge of control - wing suits, fast bikes, skiing, climbing all potentially dangerous but these extreme sports people say you are never more alive than when close to death
Well they’ll be for nothing as they’re being banned.
No they are not.

BBQs are illegal from midnight tonight by the way.
or you didn't drive, it was one of the two...

again, ebikes will take over, natural progression. if the combustion engine is ceasing production in Germany from 2030 it will be a fair few years til the last models disappear. so the scary noises are here for a while yet...
The noise is a key part of the thrill look what’s happened to F1 now there are no V10’s

Last edited:
Personally can't stand motorbikes and would be chuffed to bits to see them banned from the roads. The noise is one thing, but they're a danger to themselves and to others. Nailed on, if you're doing 60 in a 60, the bike will speed to overtake. The motorbike evangelists say on here it's because it's safer to be as far away from other cars as possible, but if your vehicle presents a danger to you, in the presence of other road users, it might not be suitable for public roads.

We'll all be in electric self-driving vehicles by the turn of the century, so that'll be the death knell for the motorbike on public roads.
they will be electric. the technology and development is there now, just no market yet.

why do you think electric cars would be the norm but no electric bikes? its blindingly obvious that they will be the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back