What was your favourite / least favourite lesson at school?

English Lit, even paid for the exam so did not have to sit back in 79. Now all I do is read books, what a f***ing bellend I was at school

I think I'd have to go History.

Always found it fascinating and the teacher we had a bit of a gift for storytelling and explaining things in an easy to understand manner so even the daftest of kids would actually settle down and listen.

Worst for me was probably geography, had a teacher who hated my guts because I made fun of him on a school trip once.

Plus I never understood why instead of learning about where countries and capital cities were we had to learn about how a volcano and an earthquake happens :confused: So the grounds moving about.... oooooh.
Favourite - History
Least Favourite - French
English Lit, even paid for the exam so did not have to sit back in 79. Now all I do is read books, what a f***ing bellend I was at school
Hated English Lit as well as it happens, was predicted 2 C's in English but ended up getting an A in Lan and a U in Lit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to admit, school was wasted on me probably because I was thick as mince. Didn’t really start to be educated till later in life. However best wood work, worst physics mainly because the teacher was a fat mag.

Always found it fascinating and the teacher we had a bit of a gift for storytelling and explaining things in an easy to understand manner so even the daftest of kids would actually settle down and listen.

Worst for me was probably geography, had a teacher who hated my guts because I made fun of him on a school trip once.

Plus I never understood why instead of learning about where countries and capital cities were we had to learn about how a volcano and an earthquake happens :confused: So the grounds moving about.... oooooh.

I guess if you live near a volcano or fault line, you need to know. :)

It was a toss up between Chemistry and Geography for favourite lesson.

Least favourite was English as I kept clashing with the teacher.

Funniest was Physics as the teacher was as mad as a box of frogs.

Chemistry/Biology were favourites. Went on to do a Biology degree and a PhD in Biochem/Molecular Biology so that worked out well.

I hated Maths but mainly because of a vindictive teacher I had in year 7. Was actually good at it.

Favourite - History, friends thought I was a right weirdo because I was Obsessed with it but I love it all.
Worst - ICT easily, didn’t having a f***ing clue what I was doing. Only choose it in year 9 because I was predicted to get a B. Ended up getting a G lol.

My favourite was the old playground pastime - “ kiss catch “

For those unfamiliar basically you chased the girl of your dreams until you caught her and stole a naughty kiss.

Got found out once , the headmaster was furious and called the police.

Mind you I was 29 years old at the time. The drama teacher wasn’t happy either.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed all of my life really, except for the odd dip here and there. Always transient.

Different stages bring different responsibilities and challenges but always find enjoyment.

Maybe I'll find my 30s shite, who knows.
Uni was easily the best days of my life. No stress. No f***ing rat race. All you had to do was get pissed and occasionally learn.

My favourite was history by a country mile. Loved it......Europe from the French Revolution up to the First World War. Still constantly reading history books years later.

Least favourite: Maths and physics. Hated them.

My favourite was history by a country mile. Loved it......Europe from the French Revolution up to the First World War. Still constantly reading history books years later.

Least favourite: Maths and physics. Hated them.
Favourite - History

Worst - French
History's class.

Cannot get enough of learning it me.

Our lass just doesn't get it at all and I have to explain to her that stories that are real, that really happened are more interesting to me than novels.

Back