What was your favourite / least favourite lesson at school?

Aituk7

Striker
I think I'd have to go History.

Always found it fascinating and the teacher we had a bit of a gift for storytelling and explaining things in an easy to understand manner so even the daftest of kids would actually settle down and listen.

Worst for me was probably geography, had a teacher who hated my guts because I made fun of him on a school trip once.

Plus I never understood why instead of learning about where countries and capital cities were we had to learn about how a volcano and an earthquake happens :confused: So the grounds moving about.... oooooh.

I think I'd have to go History.

Always found it fascinating and the teacher we had a bit of a gift for storytelling and explaining things in an easy to understand manner so even the daftest of kids would actually settle down and listen.

Worst for me was probably geography, had a teacher who hated my guts because I made fun of him on a school trip once.

Plus I never understood why instead of learning about where countries and capital cities were we had to learn about how a volcano and an earthquake happens :confused: So the grounds moving about.... oooooh.
It helps if you live in a city next to a volcano. ;)

Favourite - Geography
Least favourite - Maths or French, not sure which of those three.

Loved science and took all three at GCSE 🤓

Hated art as I can't draw or paint things. My art teacher used to write things like pathetic and poor effort on my work 😳
My art teacher was a horrendous witch of a human being an 'arl :lol:

Made a girl in our class cry once by ripping up her picture cos she asked us to draw anything we could think of and she's decided to draw a banana with a face and hands and feet and that.

It was actually pretty good aswell.

I enjoyed history too, english and drama too.
Hated PE even though i love being active. Hated all the getting changed bullying crap and yknow, team games :lol:
Only liked it in year 11 when they let us do PE in small groups to use the gym equipment and do fitness videos. And when i discovered sports bras were a thing.

Loved English. Teachers were usually canny too.
Worst was always Maths for me. And we had a terrifying short woman as our teacher (and I speak as a non terrifying, but short woman). The bitch once read the results starting with who came last. Even I was surprised it was me once. So I punched the air and laughed. Either that or cry. She was furious. 😀

Least fav, Latin. Teacher (deputy head) kept whingeing how our lack of English was holding us back.
Favourite, English. Teacher (head of dept) barely turned up for years 2 to 4 for mix of illness and departmental duties so got to piss about with student teachers and other disinterested stand ins.

I enjoyed history too, english and drama too.
Hated PE even though i love being active. Hated all the getting changed bullying crap and yknow, team games :lol:
Only liked it in year 11 when they let us do PE in small groups to use the gym equipment and do fitness videos. And when i discovered sports bras were a thing.
Getting changed bullying crap?

I thought that was just blokes :lol:

Loved English. Teachers were usually canny too.
Worst was always Maths for me. And we had a terrifying short woman as our teacher (and I speak as a non terrifying, but short woman). The bitch once read the results starting with who came last. Even I was surprised it was me once. So I punched the air and laughed. Either that or cry. She was furious. 😀
My school was so shit I once got 14% in a geography test and got bullied for being a swot :lol:

Least fav, Latin. Teacher (deputy head) kept whingeing how our lack of English was holding us back.
Favourite, English. Teacher (head of dept) barely turned up for years 2 to 4 for mix of illness and departmental duties so got to piss about with student teachers and other disinterested stand ins.
Latin?

ooooh..... look at me I used to pipe off the other boys in boarding school. PATHETIC.

Totally dependant on teacher, absolutely hated and feared maths teacher until 4th year then new teacher arrived and then everything changed.
I believe that teacher changed my view on my abilities to such an extent that a new whole world opened up to me

My school was so shit I once got 14% in a geography test and got bullied for being a swot :lol:
Girlie swot?!?!
Totally dependant on teacher, absolutely hated and feared maths teacher until 4th year then new teacher arrived and then everything changed.
I believe that teacher changed my view on my abilities to such an extent that a new whole world opened up to me
There’s definitely a trend in this thread about the teachers. I do however understand that some kids are little shits no matter how good the teacher is

Last edited:

Back