What surgery have you had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyhole surgery on both knees for torn cartilage.
The first time the doctor advised me not to have general anaesthetic so I sat and watched in agony as they poked around in my knee and I'm sure he was pissed.

On my later surgery they were aghast and told me that should not have happened and I had to fill in a statement explaining it. No idea if it led to the surgeon getting into trouble.
I've had the same. Both under general anaesthetic. First time i felt it tear as i swivelled playing 5-a-side. I went for an x-ray that night, but i was told to come back in a few days when the swelling had gone down. I went back, had the x-ray, then met the surgeon who confirmed it needed surgery. He said the waiting list was about 6 months, but what was i doing next tuesday, as there had been a cancellation.

It turned out the surgeon did some private work as well as working for the NHS, he told me he did Roy Keane's cruciate ligament.

Same fella did my other knee two years later

Only one surgery for me so far - keyhole to repair torn meniscus in my left knee.
Its inevitable to tear again at least a few more times so looking forward to more of these surgeries.

Strangely, rehab on a repair is 3 months but rehab on a complete removal is 2 to 3 weeks. I thought it would be the other way around.
Fella who did mine said he would try and "trim" it. When i came round he said it wasn't possible, so he whipped the lot out

Nasal polyps removed 4 times. Had two vertebrae removed and replaced with bits of my floating ribs. (I had an infection after being in a coma) I had to learn to stand up and to walk again. They even had to teach me how to get out of bed.

Oh, and they managed to collapse my right lung in the process.

I've had the same. Both under general anaesthetic. First time i felt it tear as i swivelled playing 5-a-side. I went for an x-ray that night, but i was told to come back in a few days when the swelling had gone down. I went back, had the x-ray, then met the surgeon who confirmed it needed surgery. He said the waiting list was about 6 months, but what was i doing next tuesday, as there had been a cancellation.

It turned out the surgeon did some private work as well as working for the NHS, he told me he did Roy Keane's cruciate ligament.

Same fella did my other knee two years later

Yep mine was playing football both times. Horrendous pain. The first time I was playing 5 a side at a goals centre and had to be carried to my car as I couldn't move my leg. Managed to drive home somehow

Tonsils and adenoids out aged 7 in 1968. ‘Twas in the days when you spent a week in hospital, went in Monday pm, operation Tuesday am and got out Friday pm

Had the nip in 1997

Last edited:
Tonsils
Little op to remove sebaceous cysts on scalp
Bypass route into stomach
Right hemicolectomy
Gastroscopy
Bowel resection after blockage (which burst open)
Emergency surgery to create stoma
Six weeks later reversal surgery
Breast implants
Bowel resection
Bowel resection after blockage again
Elective Ileostomy

Was scheduled to have surgery on Friday after 18month wait to refashion stoma but need to wait another three months due to stroke - gutted about that one

Ooof. Sounds nasty. I had a big chest dressing on and it filled with about 2 pints of blood before it burst. I was in a side ward and the place was covered.
Bet that was scary for anyone there mate.
Never ever look. Fucks sake someone just put it back for iz
I didn't even know I'd did it. Looked down and my finger was at a funny angle.

It wouldn't have made my passing any worse :lol:

Last edited:
Abscess on my coxyx lanced under general anaesthetic
Keyhole surgery on my knee under general to remove detatched cartilege
Throat operation to remove loose flesh at back of throat (then whats left is stretched and stiched onto palate) tonsils out at same time.

Tonsils
Little op to remove sebaceous cysts on scalp
Bypass route into stomach
Right hemicolectomy
Gastroscopy
Bowel resection after blockage (which burst open)
Emergency surgery to create stoma
Six weeks later reversal surgery
Breast implants
Bowel resection
Bowel resection after blockage again
Elective Ileostomy

Was scheduled to have surgery on Friday after 18month wait to refashion stoma but need to wait another three months due to stroke - gutted about that one
Bloody Hell! Apart from the tonsils and the boobs that's scary stuff!
Tonsils
Strangulated hernia (about 12)
Fractured femur pinned and plated
Gall bladder removal
Three attempts at stent implantation (fully conscious), one successful but ineffective
Coronary artery bypass December last year.

Last edited:
Prob made it better if anything.
:lol:

I always remember in training with the North East squad Freddie pulled me to one side and said he'd noticed my passing was a bit weaker out of my left hand. I said cheers I didn't think i could pass out of either :lol:. He didn't look impressed. I think my talents lay elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back