What surgery have you had?

Broken right femur years back in the 1980s - got a big metal rod inside the bone
Went blind in my left eye in 2015 - had to have retinal reattachment under local anaesthetic

Other than that - pretty lucky compared to others

Just had my Achilles tendon re attached and now on one leg for 8 weeks. Mainly bedridden atm.
Also had a bi lateral knee replacements done 19 months ago. Wouldn't have gone back for the other so pleased they did them both at the same time.
Haemaroidectomy 2 years ago.
Rotator cuff on my left shoulder... twice 11 years apart.

I'm sure someone here will beat this easily.
Got the snip about 10 years ago. That's it

Testicle drop aged about 6
Tonsils and adonoids out at 7
Then nowt till lazer job on the prostate in January
Been quite lucky really
Old enough and wise enough to realise that now

1990 Pins put in toes to straighten them
1993 Pin and plate put in hip after breaking it
1995 Metal rod placed in back after breaking it
2003 Right knee replacement
2003 Right foot fused
2009 Stoma fitted
2011 Zedplasty on backside
2015 Artificial Urethral Sphincter fitted
2018 Intramedullary nail insertion in left femur after breaking it

probably more, these are what I can remember

Had a cyst removed from under my eyelid when I was 16.

3 years ago I had an abcess cut out from (dont laugh) my arse. It was incredibly painful and Im still recovering from it.

Circumcision in my mid twenties.
Taking the stitches out in the bath 8 days later after they didn't dissolve was an experience I'll never forget

Countless procedures over the last 9 years. 5 weeks in coma in total and a 15% chance of survival. I've come to like the part where I'm taken out. Mmmm... Midazolam...

1x hernia (big bollock Mk1) when I was 2.
stood on a straight pin in the garden with bare feet when I was 4, disappeared into my foot so they had to operate to remove it.
Removal of a weird growth that grew on the scar of where the pin had been removed when I was 11.
2 x collapsed lung when I was in my teens, terrified the 1st time, knew what it was the second so took myself to A&E. Spontaneous pneumothorax both times, been fine since.
Torsion (twisted knacka, big bollock Mk2) when I was 19, woke up one morning with a nut the size of a cricket ball. Rode to the doc's on my motorbike to be told to get to the hospital ASAP or I may lose it, not sure how I'd lose it when you could see it from space. Back on the motorbike for 7 miles to the hospital, every bump was agony. Was admitted and under observation, the doctor brought 6 student nurses to see my nut as they hadn't seen anything like it. Never been so embarrassed as that, 6 young girls grinning at my tackle, he didn't even ask, the fucka.
Camera up the japs to inspect my bladder, now that's an experience!!!
Removal of 10 skin tags \ mole looking things, burned like fuck for a couple of hours, but great after that.

Nothing serious, so feel lucky when reading what some of you have been through.

Last edited:
1987 - Fixed an atrial septal defect at birth
2000 - Fixed a torsion in my right bollock and stitched both to the sack to stop it happening again
2001 - Removed an incisor that had grown into my jawbone
2003 - Rhinoplasty
2018 - Rhinoplasty

Back