What surgery have you had?

BIG MAL

Striker
Just had my Achilles tendon re attached and now on one leg for 8 weeks. Mainly bedridden atm.
Also had a bi lateral knee replacements done 19 months ago. Wouldn't have gone back for the other so pleased they did them both at the same time.
Haemaroidectomy 2 years ago.
Rotator cuff on my left shoulder... twice 11 years apart.

I'm sure someone here will beat this easily.

I had what I thought was a tiny lesion removed from my leg on Wednesday, as it looked a bit suspicious. I got the dressing changed yesterday and was delighted to find what I thought would be a little bit of missing skin actually looks more like a gunshot wound and I’m laid up cos every time I stand up all the gunk runs out.

Just had my Achilles tendon re attached and now on one leg for 8 weeks. Mainly bedridden atm.
Also had a bi lateral knee replacements done 19 months ago. Wouldn't have gone back for the other so pleased they did them both at the same time.
Haemaroidectomy 2 years ago.
Rotator cuff on my left shoulder... twice 11 years apart.

I'm sure someone here will beat this easily.
Never broke a bone in my body until I was 28 when I was chucked down two stories by a bouncer in Tenerife and broke my collarbone, about 10 years later broke my left ankle in a fall from a lifeboat on a ferry to Amsterdam (don't ask) broke my little finger in Las Vegas playing beer pong and I recently got ran over and broke my neck, shoulder, pelvis, leg, hip and ribs as well as a haemorrhage of the brain stem - I think I'm up to speed now and 100% of my injuries have been due to drink. Think I'll holiday in this country in future.
*metalwork in clavicle in '98 - since removed
*metalwork in ankle in '08 - will remain
*metalwork in right leg - will remain

Last edited by a moderator:
Keyhole surgery on both knees for torn cartilage.
The first time the doctor advised me not to have general anaesthetic so I sat and watched in agony as they poked around in my knee and I'm sure he was pissed.

On my later surgery they were aghast and told me that should not have happened and I had to fill in a statement explaining it. No idea if it led to the surgeon getting into trouble.

Depends. Is anything your knocked out for counting as surgery? In that case twice. Two teeth out and the manic miner up me bellend for kidney stones, If not then no I`m lucky enough to have never needed surgery
Anterior cervical discectomy. Twice.
glassback

Last edited:
Vasectomy under general anaesthetic.
Cartledge under general anaesthetic, no stitches no blood on plaster, not convinced they did owt.
Appendix, turned out to be a big deal as it had burst and Gangrene was setting in, I ended up with Liver and Kidney failure and a scar that finished my Speedo wearing days.:rolleyes:
I was luckier than the bloke who was in the operating theatre before me, he died on the table.

Nothing exciting, probably the usual ops when younger...

Muscle behind eye altered (eyeball left hanging down to get at the stuff behind apparently)

Tonsilectomy

A certain operation on a lads bits when younger (did a good John Wayne walk afterwards for about a week)

Operation to repair Patella Tendon rupture

Had surgery twice when I was six and eleven to correct an undescended testicle, both times was under general anaesthetic. I walked around John Wayne after the operation as had both staples and stitches around the groin and the... ahem... other area. I can remember I screamed blue murder when they took the clips and stitches out, as this was the time before dissolvable stitches. Still brings tears to my ears thinking about it.

Three lots of brain surgery, twice through the groin and once through the skull. During a patch up operation the surgeon nicked an artery without realising and I woke up during the night in hospital with a chest dressing like an inflated hot water bottle on my chest and was rushed down for another op.

Back