What surgery have you had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Several stitches over the years.
Bimalleolar fracture of the ankle + complications with infection.
Skin cancer op on lug-hole.
Frozen shoulder op.
Vasectomy.

Had some of my rotator cuff taken away, made a defensive header playing football, chasing back and done a duck Mg header out of play, the lad who had the ball and was running Mg with me landed on top of me and the pitch was rock solid(Harton welfare) took 9 months from them to the doctors actually getting me a appointment with the surgeons as they were just saying it will get better and sent me to physio, xrays showed I had damaged the cuff and every time the ball in the cuff rolled it clipped the bone, agony for over a year and not able to lift my arm about my chest, how I drove and went to work I will never know

Had a tumour removed from my bladder. In the nick of time, as it hadn't reached the upper lining so hadn't had the opportunity to spread.

Minor op to have a stent inserted under local anaesthetic but that caused a mini-stroke on the operating table. Apparently that's quite common.

I'm 57 years old, and never had any surgery, and not even had stitches.

Had my big toe nail removed and a biopsy done on the nail bed in March , turned out it was benign.

Glued the nail back on , a few months later it came off when I came out the shower.

Broken collar bone , 20 stitches in my knee and various other minor things all relative to motorbike accidents over the years.

You need to get out more !
😅
Yer not wrong, mate.

In my youth, I used to box and play footy (sometimes at the same time) 😅 and have had my fair share of cuts, bruises and scrapes, but never needed any stitches.
Even frequenting British West Hartlepool's roughest dens of iniquity, I had my share of scraps and scrapes, but evaded surgery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my C5 vertebrae taken out and replaced with a plastic one. In and out of the hospirtal in 24 hours. The anesthetist said tome, "I will be your only friend in there. The other fella is going to break your neck!"

Twice before I was 2yrs old - my tongue was attached to the bottom of my mouth, ankyloglossia apparently. Also my thumbs were bent.

Then endometriosis surgery.
Had a stapedectomy.
Had a lower back disc fusion, absolute agony as the screws were loose and digging into the nerve, so had to be redone 2 weeks later.
Knee replacement, again, agony and resulted in nerve damage to knee and foot.
Baha surgery.

Left eye socket and cheekbone rebuilt after being snided out of the blue when I wasn't looking by a **** in the Grey Horse at Whitburn in 2002. Still have no feeling in my upper gum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back