What’s the longest it’s taken you to realise something?

Bowie life on mars, as a bairn I thought he sang "on a merry cass tortured brow"
was only last year when I wondered, what is a cass? why was it been tortured and why on earth would it be merry?
Americas tortured brow:oops:

There was a “misheard lyrics” type thread on here a couple of years ago, and it was the first time I realised that Morrissey sings “jumped up pantry boy” not “jumped up country boy” on “This Charming Man”.

Now I have no idea how I ever heard “country”.
I thought it was country boy. Who’s ever heard of a pantry boy?

Indicators were those funny things that sometimes popped up out of the side of the car when about to turn.

When modern tech first took over in the Fifties, their replacements were called Flashers.

They were called trafficators iirc. God knows why they were a mechanical lever with a bulb on the end when a simple bulb in the rear light was so much easier!

Logon or register to see this image

I’ve mentiomed this before on here and was laughed at .

I always thought until a year ago pulling your skin back when getting a wee was a formality for keeping a fresh,clean penis and was something man had evolved to do .When I crack on about it on here and at work blokes don’t seem to do it and are hell bent on not even attempting it .
All I can say is there must be a lot of dirty dicks out there and poor wives with thrush etc .

How many times have you initiated that conversation, put of curiosity marra?

Lucky Lucky Men on holiday are actually “looky looky men”, as in, have a look. Dawned on me while on my honeymoon, and everyone in the car with us already knew... obvious apparently!

Also pronounced h’orsdourves (sp) like the way they’re spelled for 25+ years

I was about to call bullshit on this one til I asked the wife how she'd spell 'lucky' as in 'lucky lucky men' and she said 'lookie because they want you to look at their stuff'! :eek:

Talking of getting the wrong end of the stick. There was a little French kid came to stay with us once, it was one of those football team swaps where the other kids stay with an English family. He was a very fussy eater and every time I asked him if he was hungry and wanted a sandwich, or such like, peering into the fridge he always asked for a Jam Bun :)

How many times have you initiated that conversation, put of curiosity marra?
Quite a few times if I had to put a figure on it I’d say about 20 times at least .Last time I asked anyone was last week (a young Joiner ),he said he had a circumcision when he was a bairn .

All kids who have circumcisions are due to not pulling their skin back which is a disgrace really .I told my boy about it as soon as he was old enough to stand up for a piss .

He should have just called you a hippy puff, to avoid any misunderstandings.
:lol:

I ain't no hippy, man. Just had an experience of watching animals being slaughtered for a meal that has put me off meat for the rest of my life. It was a very traumatic experience for me. I still get nightmares about it. *shivers*

Back