1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

Wetherspoons

Discussion in 'SMB' started by yyy, May 29, 2019.

1. We stayed in Luton after the game last Sunday. On Monday morning we went to the Spoons for Breakfast and a few coffees before the drive back. A few of my mates were in there from about 9am and me and my daughters got there at about 9:45. at 10am one of my mates reckoned one bloke in the bar was on his third pint that he had personally saw him order. That's some going at 10am.

There were people in there knocking back large glasses of wine with no food as well.

In terms of how long their lives will last, pretty much everyone in there was over 60.

2. artful splodger

artful splodger Central Defender

Shit stalker!

Quiet evening really, chatting to a couple of the the staff , both said since the 7pm scratter curfew came in to for its been quieter in there, cheap ale, less knob heads :lol:

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  3. Pittlypot alert

gasman likes this.
  4. Maxnormal

Maxnormal Midfield

Best one I’ve seen was an owld bloke in the Jameson who was so hammered that when finally got out of his seat to go to the bog, he staggered 3 yards, stopped then turned back round having pissed his beige slacks.
    Classy.

5. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Annoying places like anywhere that allows people to order at the bar

6. The Exile

The Exile Striker

You have to catch a Wetherspoons in the first couple of years of opening, before the hardened jakeys get established.

Harrogate Winter Gardens is very nicely done, as is the Counting House in Glasgow and the Caley Picture House in Edinburgh. These buildings would probably be derelict or coffee shops otherwise.

You know you can get a decent pint and solid if unspectacular food for less than a tenner. They've saved the pub trade really. Yes, some are like the Mos Eisley Cantina but that's what you get.

Mackem DJ likes this.
  7. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

They've also had to start closing an hour earlier.

8. Jenks

Jenks Central Defender

The Picture House was a really decent gig venue until they turned it into another fucking 'spoons. Just what Edinburgh doesnt need in my opinion.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  9. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Winger

Is the OP off his face yet today?

Kevj likes this.
  10. zwartekat

zwartekat Striker

You need to check with @wasnotwas

11. Pop

Pop Striker

Were the owners forced to sell the building to spoons?

12. :lol:

Probably talking to himself in the 'spoons bogs mirror.

13. artful splodger

artful splodger Central Defender

Didn't last night!

14. Kevsgreat

Kevsgreat Striker

Try to avoid it since the knacker who runs it went all Brexit and putting it out there with their marketing.

15. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

I've CAMRA vouchers for Spoon but I've not been in one in weeks. I've probably had my money's worth of CAMRA membership from other places by now.
    The Spoons we have can't seem to look after their beer properly. Kinda defeats the point.

16. Most can't. I tend to drink Shipyard or Punk IPA in Spoons these days as the guest ales can be a gamble.

17. Mackem DJ

Mackem DJ Striker

Been 7 year since I was on the piss there and the boozers were grim as fuck. £5 a pint of pisswater tennants etc, every bar stunk of piss.

What i’d have give for a nice clean spoons with a £3.29 San Miguel.

18. naughtynose

naughtynose Striker

OP sounds like a toffee nosed wanker tbh.

19. Discopants91

Discopants91 Striker

I think it's safe to assume absolutely none of this happened.

gasman and naughtynose like this.
  20. Was over sixty or looked over sixty?