Wetherspoons

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date

Let's try again.

I've been in and out of Durham a few times the last two weeks.

Is it just the Waterhouse in Durham that suffers the cheap beer whino effect or do other Wetherspoons suffer it?

I saw someone so drunk at one of Sunderland's Wetherpoons so blind drunk they fell over every five yards. Consett's Company Row has an apparent daytime reputation too.

Down Durham, I witnessed one bloke face-slide along the glass front of the North Road Tesco Express and a different day, a security guard have to ban three drunks from Wetherspoons who were trying to buy / steal bottles of cheap plonk from Tescos.

Note each time I was passing and not a Wetherspoons customer (though I was having a pint -only one pint - at the Sunderland one).

These are during the day too. I'd heard the tales but didn't think it was that bad.

Anyone want to do a bet on how long their livers last?
Depends on the manager , spoons in darlo keeps the raff out. I don’t go out much these days but when I do , I love spoons , beer tastes so much better when you aren’t getting ripped off.

Selling up in Durham. Yet keeping that shithole open in the Gate.

I was in Durham on a Friday afternoon about a month ago and walked past there a few times whilst wandering about. The state of the clientele huddled outside was absolutely honking. I knar, what do you expect from a Spoons yada yada, but they made the locals of the William Jameson look like members of the Carlton Club.

All the pubs in the gate are crap imo. Like drinking in the bridges.
I didn’t mind Players before it closed. If only for the giant screen for the football on a Sunday. That’s fine now like.

Don’t mind Wunderbar for the same reason, good screen upstairs and the food is edible. Had the misfortune of going in with @chriswallace85 one Saturday thinking a band was playing in there. Wrong pub. Mags had just played and they were all singing anti Sunderland songs. Never felt more out of place.

I didn’t mind Players before it closed. If only for the giant screen for the football on a Sunday. That’s fine now like.

Don’t mind Wunderbar for the same reason, good screen upstairs and the food is edible. Had the misfortune of going in with @chriswallace85 one Saturday thinking a band was playing in there. Wrong pub. Mags had just played and they were all singing anti Sunderland songs. Never felt more out of place.
Horrendous. It still makes me shudder.

I was in Durham on a Friday afternoon about a month ago and walked past there a few times whilst wandering about. The state of the clientele huddled outside was absolutely honking. I knar, what do you expect from a Spoons yada yada, but they made the locals of the William Jameson look like members of the Carlton Club.
Walked past this place about 3 months ago and there was what I presume was a female of the species (although I use that term loosely) , smoking a fag with a git big grin on her face, she was an amputee on crutches , wearing short denim dungarees down to her stump, she was absolutely mortal and stood outside slumped against the wall having a piss , a wet patch down its leg and stump getting darker with a puddle beneath it running towards the road……. It was 12:30pm …….the word legless has never been more appropriate

Back