Wetherspoons

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date

The one in Keswick is canny. Ex court house / police station with some original features. Two pints for under a fiver anarl.

Walked through it once, with a collection of parky family who just wanted something quick and easy to eat, and walked straight out the other side.

Was minging dirty, food-encrusted dishes everywhere, shite all over the floor.

Maybe it was a short-staffed day or something.

I've not read this through.

Durham Wetherspoons seems to produce its odd collection of oddities from mid-afternoon onwards.

Passing through Durham towards Middlesbrough (enough to drive anyone to alcohol) on Wednesday, a pisshead got on my bus.

The drunk that got on was pure comedy. The driver bollocking him and told him to put his bottle of Lambrini away. So he did and got out another one. And he tried to drink it while trying to get the entire bus to sing "Always look on the bright side of life" while much of the Lambrini missed his mouth, poured down his clothes and formed rivulets all over the floor of the bus.

You just knew the stagger off the bus wasn't going to go well but somehow it seems he narrowly avoided face planting the pavement. A discrete photo had to be taken as I couldn't believe what I was watching. I'll post up when I can remember how to.

It's stupid o'clock and I'm going to bed.
You started the thread?

Exact posting style as well :lol:

Having a sunda dinner in the angel in Whitby a week last Sunday and acquired a lunatic as per normal with the spoons. I spotted him advising folk about the disabled bogs, he was ower commentating on my dinner within minutes, offered the best place to get a lamb shank in the north west region, should the need arise.

I caught the eye of their lass/captive and ensured he fucked off sharp.

I've been in and out of Durham a few times the last two weeks.

Is it just the Waterhpuse in Durham that suffers the cheap beer who no effect or do other Wetherspoons suffer it?

I saw someone so drunk at one of Sunderland's Wetherpoons so blind drunk they fell over every five yards. Consett's Company Row has an apparent daytime reputation too.

Down Durham, I witnessed one bloke face-slide along the glass front of the North Road Tesco Express and a different day, a security guard have to ban three drunks from Wetherspoons who were trying to buy /steal bottles of cheap plonk from Tescos.

Note each time I was passing and not a Wetherspoons customer (though I was having a pint -only one pint - at the Sunderland one).

These are during the day too. I'd heard the tales but didn't think it was that bad.

Anyone want to do a bet on how long their livers will last?
should see the clientelle in Concord, like the fukin wild west

Generally stop off in the one at Penrith on the way to Scotland. The Dog Beck its decent for a pint and food.

Last edited:

Back