1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

Wetherspoons

Discussion in 'SMB' started by yyy, May 29, 2019.

1. yyy

yyy Striker

I've been in and out of Durham a few times the last two weeks.

Is it just the Waterhpuse in Durham that suffers the cheap beer who no effect or do other Wetherspoons suffer it?

I saw someone so drunk at one of Sunderland's Wetherpoons so blind drunk they fell over every five yards. Consett's Company Row has an apparent daytime reputation too.

Down Durham, I witnessed one bloke face-slide along the glass front of the North Road Tesco Express and a different day, a security guard have to ban three drunks from Wetherspoons who were trying to buy /steal bottles of cheap plonk from Tescos.

Note each time I was passing and not a Wetherspoons customer (though I was having a pint -only one pint - at the Sunderland one).

These are during the day too. I'd heard the tales but didn't think it was that bad.

Anyone want to do a bet on how long their livers will last?

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  2. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

Are you pissed?

3. EDGE

EDGE Winger

Incoherent. OP must have spent afternoon in Wetherspoons.

4. yyy

yyy Striker

Bloody predictive text!!! :lol:

To be more succinct, is it just Durham that suffers the cheap beer whino effect or is it common to other Wetherspoons?

5. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

Wey they're just fucking handy arent they. Start serving at 9, cheap. Why would they go anywhere else. Primark of pubs.

6. Fred Secrets

Fred Secrets Striker

Fuck sake. OP is pissed out of his tiny little mind. :rolleyes:

Seaham Towny and hank williams like this.
  7. heroesof73

heroesof73 Striker

whino ya fucka:lol:
    Have you got it in a brown paper bag;)

PTR likes this.
  8. Snugster

Snugster Winger

Went into the one in Piccadilly, Manchester for breakfast, some of the states in there at 10 in the morning!

El Oso and Chappers like this.
  9. Kevj

Kevj Striker

10. Ramshanker

Ramshanker Winger

11. Keeps plebs out of the good pubs. OP has just proved said hypothesis

Kingdom Bhoy, Bulwell and yyy like this.
  12. Chappers

Chappers Striker

Was in spoons in Manchester at 9.30 on Saturday morning and there was a lad who had 2 pints while i was there.

13. Latka Gravas

Latka Gravas Striker

I’ve witnessed that at that one anarl :lol:

Chappers likes this.
  14. Chappers

Chappers Striker

I went in both in Manchester and that one is much worse than the one on the corner which seems a tad more civilised

yyy likes this.
  15. yyy

yyy Striker

Let's try again.

I've been in and out of Durham a few times the last two weeks.

Is it just the Waterhouse in Durham that suffers the cheap beer whino effect or do other Wetherspoons suffer it?

I saw someone so drunk at one of Sunderland's Wetherpoons so blind drunk they fell over every five yards. Consett's Company Row has an apparent daytime reputation too.

Down Durham, I witnessed one bloke face-slide along the glass front of the North Road Tesco Express and a different day, a security guard have to ban three drunks from Wetherspoons who were trying to buy / steal bottles of cheap plonk from Tescos.

Note each time I was passing and not a Wetherspoons customer (though I was having a pint -only one pint - at the Sunderland one).

These are during the day too. I'd heard the tales but didn't think it was that bad.

Anyone want to do a bet on how long their livers last?

16. EchoMan

EchoMan Winger

Some fucking predictive text that.

Lardy, PTR, gasman and 1 other person like this.
  17. Latka Gravas

Latka Gravas Striker

I’ve been in 4 different ones in Manchester city centre and the one at Piccadilly is by far the worst.

18. Chappers

Chappers Striker

4?

I only managed to find the 2.

19. Two million voices

Two million voices Central Defender

20. Spelt waterhpuse wrang marra