Wetherspoons - Order and Pay App.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. They're keeping fantastic old buildings in use. If you think they're ruining this country then I think ou need to look at why they're working. The consumer is consistently using them so it's the consumer that is getting what they want. I prefer smaller independent pubs but the general public want easy, safe, well known pubs such as this.
The consumer sounds like they like imagination.

Spoons..

Don't be a simple narrow minded idiot clocking up 10's of thousands of posts on a message board.

They exist up and down the country and some are better than others. You know what you're going to get, I like them.
They are generally crap.

I see why they exist, but they aren't good.

McDonald's is up and down the country, you know what you're gonna get. They aren't good tho

They are generally crap.

I see why they exist, but they aren't good.

McDonald's is up and down the country, you know what you're gonna get. They aren't good tho
If I'm wrong then fair enough, you strike me as someone that's using a local experience as a blanket opinion?

I like up and down the country seeing the difference, while knowing what you're going to get. China looking plate...

If I'm wrong then fair enough, you strike me as someone that's using a local experience as a blanket opinion?

I like up and down the country seeing the difference, while knowing what you're going to get. China looking plate...
You aren't wrong, it's an opinion.

There are of course some that are decent.

But I don't like the way they destroy the business of decent local pubs by undercutting. And the food is generally very very poor, you get a lot but it's shit quality.

You aren't wrong, it's an opinion.

There are of course some that are decent.

But I don't like the way they destroy the business of decent local pubs by undercutting. And the food is generally very very poor, you get a lot but it's shit quality.

The one in Crook makes Crook better for locals and is the first port of call before heading off elsewhere for the night

Granted that may not apply to other places

Cheap drink and reasonable food for buttons which is ideal before an all dayer. Anyone who turns their nose up at that is a right tart.

Plus they don't blast shite music out on loop, meaning you can have a conversation without screaming at your mate who's sat opposite.

I don't understand how people can sit in them all day, once I've eaten I'm ready to move on on the rare occasions I do. My local is only a mile up the road and I could more or less live there quite happily, after an hour in a spoons I've had enough.

It's popular to bash spoons on the basis they are cheap and therefore attract "scruffs"
In the main they are decent pubs with decent service and plenty of alcohol choices and it's easy enough to avoid aforementioned "scruffs".

I'll be giving the new app a go when the bar is 20 deep on match day.

Gotta be careful though, my mate was in Durham and used it, ordered seven drinks. After half an hour he looked on his phone and realised the app thought he was in the boar in houghton, :lol:

Someone would've got free drinks at table 28.
My app defaulted to the boar too. They must be making a roaring trade.

Wetherspoons do a job I agree, I just dont see the fascination up here with them because "it's cheap and you know what you get".

Most towns and cities have places that are better and only students,scratters and tight fuckers twist over saving 25p on a pint.

Wetherspoons do a job I agree, I just dont see the fascination up here with them because "it's cheap and you know what you get".

Most towns and cities have places that are better and only students,scratters and tight fuckers twist over saving 25p on a pint.
Much more than a 25p saving in my experience like. About £2 for a pint of real ale, that's about a quid or more saving on most places.

Their craft cans at £2 is about half the price of elsewhere too and it's comparable to supermarket prices. Ideal for match days.

It is often alot bigger saving like. 660ml bottle of Moretti in spoonsis about 2 quid iirc and a pint of Moretti in the Isis is 4 quid.

Much more than a 25p saving in my experience like. About £2 for a pint of real ale, that's about a quid or more saving on most places.

Their craft cans at £2 is about half the price of elsewhere too and it's comparable to supermarket prices. Ideal for match days.
They are a bargain. I was in Church Lane the other week and I liked the place but paying a fiver for a can of beer isn't something I want to do all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back