Wetherspoons - Order and Pay App.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Till somebody nicked it.

We got talking about spoons last night it's one of only 2 pubs that I've ever complained about the food. Well it wasn't exactly an official complaint just some lass came over and said everything OK with the meals. I told her the amount was tiny less than a kids meal and I wasn't exagerating it either. She waffled an apology saying they'd look into it and quickly left.
According to a mate the food is delivered to the pubs in plastic bags and if the chef (microwave operator) doesn't squeeze the bag out properly you get a small portion.
Do they still buy close to date beer, in bulk and that is why they are so cheap?
Anyway I don't go in them anymore regardless of the price. The tables are never cleaned which is bad when you're eating. They seem to run them on a shoestring staffing and service suffers.

That close to date beer thing is an urban myth. They sell it cheap because they sell so much of it. The chairman was on radio 2 a while back dispelling all the shite you hear about, he was good crack actually. He loves saving old buildings with character by opening them up as pubs when nobody else has any use for them.

That close to date beer thing is an urban myth. They sell it cheap because they sell so much of it. The chairman was on radio 2 a while back dispelling all the shite you hear about, he was good crack actually. He loves saving old buildings with character by opening them up as pubs when nobody else has any use for them.
I heard him talking during the brexit campaign and he came over very well. He was in favour of Brexit as well which surprised me.
I used to go in various wetherspoons years qgo when they weren't anywhere near as big as the are now. There's a one I really like at Lytham St Anne's but I think since they have expanded massively during the last ten years service has suffered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back