Wetherspoons - Order and Pay App.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternatively

Pubs without soul where the unemployed drink the day away and where you can get filthy microwaved food
Aspirational middle class person alert!!!!!

You aren't wrong, it's an opinion.

There are of course some that are decent.

But I don't like the way they destroy the business of decent local pubs by undercutting. And the food is generally very very poor, you get a lot but it's shit quality.

I don't disagree with this mind you, there's now one in Keswick in the lakes, for example that ALL the locals drink in because cider is 1.70 a pint or summat daft.

But I bet you use Uber and that does the same to taxi drivers. You could make the argument that they keep prices down for people that need it.

Also depending on what you choose the quality of the food isn't that bad, from recent experience.

I know that's just my opinion but for what it's worth I eat in restaurants/hotels on average over 100 times a year through travel with work.

Last edited:
Aspirational middle class person alert!!!!!

I don't disagree with this mind you, there's now one in Keswick in the lakes, for example that ALL the locals drink in because cider is 1.70 a pint or summat daft.

But I bet you use Uber and that does the same to taxi drivers. You could make the argument that they keep prices down for people that need it.

Also depending on what you choose the quality of the food isn't that bad, from recent experience.

I know that's just my opinion but for what it's worth I eat in restaurants/hotels on average over 100 times a year through travel with work.

Some nice pubs in Keswick. Are they suffering alot due to the Wetherspoons? I don't think I have been over since it opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back