Went and bought Final Fantasy xv

• Thread starter Deleted member 4700
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is the combat on this game turn based or real time? I've only ever played three FF games before (10, 10-2 & 13) loved 10 but wasn't too keen on the other 2 .

Is the combat on this game turn based or real time? I've only ever played three FF games before (10, 10-2 & 13) loved 10 but wasn't too keen on the other 2 .
Real time mate. Quite easy to get used too but I do prefer the turn based as I have played Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy VII. It has been poor since 10 imo but this looks like it will be a return to form.

Real time mate. Quite easy to get used too but I do prefer the turn based as I have played Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy VII. It has been poor since 10 imo but this looks like it will be a return to form.

Cheers, think I'll give it a miss as I'm not a fan of real time battles.

Cheers, think I'll give it a miss as I'm not a fan of real time battles.

It's possible to put the combat on 'wait mode' which pauses the game after each attack so you can think about what you want to do next, but its not as good as the old turn based systems (I even preferred the combat in 13)

Has anyone played this without watching Kingsglaive/Brotherhood?

Curious to know what people that haven't seen them would think of the game. I've only watched Kingsglaive but feel like if I hadn't watched it I wouldn't have a clue what was going on with Insomina/Lucis/Empire etc as barely anything is explained in the tutorial or intro (unless I missed soemthing).

I haven't seen Brotherhood which I gather gives the back story on the group and who they are. The only reason I know a tiny bit about their past is from what I've read in reviews which doesn't seem right. The game should have all the information contained within.

And for those that have watched Kingsglaive and are in at least Chapter 3
Was it just me that assumed Ravus died when he tried to put on the ring in the film and his arm gets set on fire? Was surprised when he appeared again.

I watched Kingslaive and had no idea what was going on. Thought it was shite but I suppose I should rewatch it.
I'll second this. It might give you some minor background on characters but it was woeful nonsense for the most part.

I'll second this. It might give you some minor background on characters but it was woeful nonsense for the most part.

It at least gives you a little background to the Niflheim/Lucis war, who Lunafreya is and why Noct is marrying her, info about Insomnia, the crystal and the Ring of the Lucii etc..

A lot of things that should really be in the game.

It at least gives you a little background to the Niflheim/Lucis war, who Lunafreya is and why Noct is marrying her, info about Insomnia, the crystal and the Ring of the Lucii etc..

A lot of things that should really be in the game.
Haven't played the game yet, only watched the film in preparation. It didn't fill me with confidence for the game's storytelling if I'm honest.

no idea mate I've just started the game

If you put combat into wait mode (change it in options) you can use libra on enemies while the game is paused.

Otherwise I think the only way is to give Ignis the Analyse ability and he sometimes scans stuff.

I'm finding new ways to defeat enemies all the time, some of the spells can be increased with different objects you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back