Went and bought Final Fantasy xv

• Thread starter Deleted member 4700
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 4700

And it's rather good, not as guided as some of the others, it has elements of Metal Gear Solid about it with the side missions.

Still, FF VII was my favorite.

Played it for about a week and I haven't even got to the main bit of the story yet. The side quests will have me for another week yet too.

I get the feeling that by the time I move onto progressing the story, i'll be massively OP & have ruined the game lol

Played it for about a week and I haven't even got to the main bit of the story yet. The side quests will have me for another week yet too.

I get the feeling that by the time I move onto progressing the story, i'll be massively OP & have ruined the game lol
It gives you recommended levels to be at doesn't it? Do you think it is good?

It gives you recommended levels to be at doesn't it? Do you think it is good?

Yes you get recommended levels, so i'm basically trying to do everything that comes up that is my level or a couple above. Honestly I can't review it yet, as I feel like i'm still in the 'getting to know' you part of the game; nothing has really happened yet, still introducing characters etc.

I will say that the visuals & general feel of the game seem good. There's so much to do that I know some of the stuff i'm doing now will be a complete waste of my time, but I want to give everything in the game a good go. Last Friday I spend a few hours trying to level up my fishing lol

I've always been a fan of the old turn based battles, so the 'active' battle system is doing my tits in a bit, but i'm sure i'll warm to it.

The 'which game have you spent most time on' thread has just reminded me that there are loads of nods back to the old games in there to keep you entertained too.

Last edited:
I created a magic spell of 99 fire, 99 lightning and 99 ice, boy does that do some damage, and to your team as well in they are anywhere near it, target form afar before using it.

Love the Chocobos and some of the side quests are quite good, I have only played about 10 hours and I'm level 25 that mechanic chic has the hots for me I'm sure.

20 hours in, level 34.

Just onto chapter 3, taking my time with it exploring a lot. There's quite a few hunts that do get a bit repetitive, there's a Behemoth one which is really good, with cut scenes and stuff - if they'd done more of them like that it would ahve been less repetitive. The graphics are stunning, the combat doesn't take that much getting used to, there's the 'wait mode' if you want to structure it better and have a more tactical approach. I'm really enjoying it.

20 hours in, level 34.

Just onto chapter 3, taking my time with it exploring a lot. There's quite a few hunts that do get a bit repetitive, there's a Behemoth one which is really good, with cut scenes and stuff - if they'd done more of them like that it would ahve been less repetitive. The graphics are stunning, the combat doesn't take that much getting used to, there's the 'wait mode' if you want to structure it better and have a more tactical approach. I'm really enjoying it.
I'm doing all of the side quests and hunting recomended for my level before heading to Burden of Expectation in chapter 3.

I'm doing all of the side quests and hunting recomended for my level before heading to Burden of Expectation in chapter 3.
I'm trying not to explore new outpost areas before i have to, but i don't think it's the best way to do it, cause i think i have all the side quests done and then boom, another 3 outposts open up and i've got to do all of those. Never get round to doing the main story at this rate, but it's how i've always played RPG's max out the side quests then do the main quest. Skyrim was a real ballache.

I'm trying not to explore new outpost areas before i have to, but i don't think it's the best way to do it, cause i think i have all the side quests done and then boom, another 3 outposts open up and i've got to do all of those. Never get round to doing the main story at this rate, but it's how i've always played RPG's max out the side quests then do the main quest. Skyrim was a real ballache.

I know what you mean, but I don't want to rush in and have low level character and get battered, on saying that I went back and visited the tomb and there was a level 72 creature outside, dodged that one. The Behomoth was class, I couldn't target the barrels I just threw fire magic at them.

I know what you mean, but I don't want to rush in and have low level character and get battered, on saying that I went back and visited the tomb and there was a level 72 creature outside, dodged that one. The Behomoth was class, I couldn't target the barrels I just threw fire magic at them.
Yeah same regarding the Behemoth, i went into the Belvoue (spl) mines by mistake and got brayed by a level 62 fella. Managed to knack 1 level 42 Red Giant. But it was a slog... On a hunt at the moment where i have to kill 5 Courels, and keep getting 1 hit by that big lightning spell. Sure i saw a food place thhat gives you 90% immunity to lightning so going to scran that and try again.

About mid 50s seems to be where the final sets of fights are tuned for. The story's good but the story-telling pace is inconsistent (takes ages to get up to about chapter 7/8 and then it just absolutely flies to the final parts - but you can backtrack and do the post-game stuff as well).

Interesting that they are going back and tweaking story elements after release.
Yeah i heard about this, haven't really read too much about it, i know the first patch added more clips of Kingsglaive into the beginning just for those who hadn't seen the film to get more perspective into what was going on.

Shameful, more like. More unfinished pap foisted on unsuspecting gamers for the price of a full game.
Its getting solid reviews, nothing wrong with adding content imo. Would rather they improved it than left it tbh.

Sqeenix have poor form in a lot of instances, wouldn't knock them for this one.

Its getting solid reviews, nothing wrong with adding content imo. Would rather they improved it than left it tbh.

Sqeenix have poor form in a lot of instances, wouldn't knock them for this one.
The game has been getting solid reviews but the story was almost universally panned. There's no doubt the game was rushed out, even after ten years, and adding in story content after complaints only proves that, IMHO. The core story should be there from the off.

The game has been getting solid reviews but the story was almost universally panned. There's no doubt the game was rushed out, even after ten years, and adding in story content after complaints only proves that, IMHO. The core story should be there from the off.
They should put some dodgy hotels in where you can add reviews and get XP

It's like buying a book with chapters missing. Maybe I should just be a sap and accept unfinished games that I paid full price for like everyone else seems to. Or accept shit conditions and lies from cunty hoteliers for that matter.

And I suppose that's a chomp.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like buying a book with chapters missing. Maybe I should just be a sap and accept unfinished games that I paid full price for like everyone else seems to. Or accept shit conditions and lies from cunty hoteliers for that matter.

And I suppose that's a chomp.
Books get rewrites or updated editions all of the time. Movies get extended cuts, directors cuts and special editions.

Its all good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back