Weights before Cardio

Status
Not open for further replies.
UaeExile said:
:lol: how's that like? Do you not think it's possible to transform yourself in 12 weeks?

That programme has five training days a week, with two sessions a day and very specific diet and supplement plan. I done it for 5 weeks and seen great results. I just couldn't commit to continue it because of work.

Which makes it completely irrelevant to 99% of people, you included.

Always done me cardio before weights as a warm up but have now been told by a lass I know whoes a personal trainer that I should do it the other way round, something to do with it burning more calories.

What does everyone else do?

You listened to a lass?????

Why do people always ask questions on a football forum full of beer-guzzling, kebab-eating slobs questions about workouts etc.? You realise the internet's got plenty of websites dedicated to stuff like this right?

Why do people always ask questions on a football forum full of beer-guzzling, kebab-eating slobs questions about workouts etc.? You realise the internet's got plenty of websites dedicated to stuff like this right?

Most threads on here regarding fitness garner a fair amount of replies. Not all football supporters are fat layabouts. I'm not a member of any other forums and if you just look on google there's plenty of articles about it but they obviously vary in their conclusions. Nowt wrong with asking what other peoples thoughts are

Cardio before weights always for me. As somebody else mentioned its a waste of time doing it the other way round as you just burn the muscle away that you created from lifting.

Cardio before weights always for me. As somebody else mentioned its a waste of time doing it the other way round as you just burn the muscle away that you created from lifting.

Funny that, there's me thinking you haven't created any muscles immediately after you've stopped lifting... :roll:

octopuss gardner said:

But you're too tired to lift at your maximum potential

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You don't just 'create' muscle as you lift

if you think that. then you dont understand how going to the gym to build muscle works.

you see, when they start burning. that's because they are damaged and torn!

Your body then spends the next X hours repairing them, and makes them stronger.

Cardio after weights doesn't just stop your body repairing damage to its muscles.

if you think that. then you dont understand how going to the gym to build muscle works.

you see, when they start burning. that's because they are damaged and torn!

Your body then spends the next X hours repairing them, and makes them stronger.

Cardio after weights doesn't just stop your body repairing damage to its muscles.

I'm no expert like but, if anything, a little light cardio should help after lifting. Keeps the blood pumping etc'

Depends what your aim is - weight loss or muscle building.

If you're trying to build muscle then doing cardio after weights is wrong as you just burn off the weight work you've just done.

Doing all weights one day then going for a run or doing a cycle or a row is a good idea, if you enough spare time to go 4 or 5 times a week.

I've managed to accumulate enough injuries, strains and aches that my sessions usually comprise of:

15 min stretching
20 mins cardio
15 mins stretching
20 mins weights
stretch again
go home

:oops::oops:

Who told you that shite marra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back