Weights before Cardio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommasi

Striker
Always done me cardio before weights as a warm up but have now been told by a lass I know whoes a personal trainer that I should do it the other way round, something to do with it burning more calories.

What does everyone else do?

Cardio then weights.

Do about an hour cardio then about 20 mins weights...because I am a fat fuck.

Cardio then weights.

Do about an hour cardio then about 20 mins weights...because I am a fat fuck.

Well seeing your admittedly fat I think I'll do what the other lads say and do weights then cardio after a short warm up :lol:

Well seeing your admittedly fat I think I'll do what the other lads say and do weights then cardio after a short warm up :lol:

Only been going for a few months like. Could do with losing a stone or two but I will be like a machine by the summer ;)

For those regular gym goers, do you do the same things each time you go or am I better of doing all cardio one night then just weights the next?

Only been going for a few months like. Could do with losing a stone or two but I will be like a machine by the summer ;)

For those regular gym goers, do you do the same things each time you go or am I better of doing all cardio one night then just weights the next?

weights then cardio!

5 or 10k. Pull ups. 20k cycle. Stretches and then weights

The new theory by some of the country's top PTs is that by doing cardio first you are exhausting your body, reducing your ability to get the optimum out of your weights session.

Additionally if you are doing the gym to lose weight they also suggest that you concentrate on your weight session as bigger muscles burn more calories over time and the session, if done right will increase your heart rate sufficiently anyway to burn the calories whilst gyming it.

It seems to me that cardio is very much believed to be a requirement for endurance based sports these days.

If you're getting to a point in your gym sessions that you are looking at things like this then you may want to by men's fitness every now and again to get your nutrition right also.

Depends what your aim is - weight loss or muscle building.

If you're trying to build muscle then doing cardio after weights is wrong as you just burn off the weight work you've just done.

Doing all weights one day then going for a run or doing a cycle or a row is a good idea, if you enough spare time to go 4 or 5 times a week.

I've managed to accumulate enough injuries, strains and aches that my sessions usually comprise of:

15 min stretching
20 mins cardio
15 mins stretching
20 mins weights
stretch again
go home

:oops::oops:

does any1 have any fitness plans or know where there are any i can print out onto a4 paper with exercises etc on them day by day with what to do?

If you're trying to build muscle then doing cardio after weights is wrong as you just burn off the weight work you've just done.

Doing all weights one day then going for a run or doing a cycle or a row is a good idea, if you enough spare time to go 4 or 5 times a week.

I've managed to accumulate enough injuries, strains and aches that my sessions usually comprise of:

15 min stretching
20 mins cardio
15 mins stretching
20 mins weights
stretch again
go home

How the fuck would that work?! :lol:

15 min stretching
20 mins cardio
15 mins stretching
20 mins weights
stretch again
go home

Load of rubbish that like mate.

Indeed

To be honest the main reason I do my cardio first I because I like to head home for a shower and the weights at the end let's me cool down before heading for the metro.

Fuck me.. wouldn't like to sit next to you on the Metro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back