Weights before Cardio

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmmmm?
If your serious about lifting you need to get protein in you asap after weights, and let them repair as fast as possible.
If your going to be doing an hour cardio after weights and not eating surely this is a bad thing?

they don't repair like within an hour...or as fast as possible.

if you have ever done a a proper weight work out you will know how much pain you are in in the morning, when all your muscles are on fire.

that's because they are damaged and not repaired.

it's a constant process of evolution!

I do my weights, have my shake, then go for a jog. it's not an hour or anything like that. it's just 5k which takes about 20 mins.

seems pretty standard at my gym like

if you have ever done a a proper weight work out you will know how much pain you are in in the morning, when all your muscles are on fire.

I do my weights, have my shake, then go for a jog. it's not an hour or anything like that. it's just 5k which takes about 20 mins.

ive boxed and done weights for the last 15 years mate.
delayed muscle soreness usually only effects you if you havent worked out for a bit. If your doing weights every day then you shouldnt get sore.

I know they dont repair straight away, i was saying you need to start the process asap after a weights workout.

Last edited:
offmenut said:
ive boxed and done weights for the last 15 years mate.
delayed muscle soreness usually only effects you if you havent worked out for a bit. If your doing weights every day then you shouldnt get sore.

I know they dont repair straight away, i was saying you need to start the process asap after a weights workout.

What type of routine are you doing that you're doing weights everyday?

Bleu said:

So you can do a leg day in the weights room then go for a run?! If so then you're not working hard enough on them squats!

Do we have a definitive answer yet?

Ive always been a cardio then weights type, but would change it if it wasnt as effective.

all depends on yer goals.

Some people don't want the biggest muscles they can have and just want conditioning with the weights and some fitness working- which would mean more time spent on cardio than weights.

Bodybuilders are f***ing queer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back