Weights before Cardio

Status
Not open for further replies.

weights 1st , 45 mins , this puts you in a nice aerobic state and ready to burn calories . try even just walking quick on a decent incline on the treadmill ,its low stress but has you sweating buckets .....

What type of routine are you doing that you're doing weights everyday?

Up till a couple of years ago i used to go 6 times a week,(so not every day then!!) just doing a muscle group every day (biceps and triceps i may have only been in the gym 30 minutes if that)

I was always led to believe that after weights you needed to rest asap with proetein to let your muscles rebuild. The most important meal of the day post workout. Im not sure on this cardio after- though i presume it depends on your goal, bigger muscles was always mine, but if you want to lose weight cardio after may be alright???

Last edited:
Up till a couple of years ago i used to go 6 times a week,(so not every day then!!) just doing a muscle group every day (biceps and triceps i may have only been in the gym 30 minutes if that)

I was always led to believe that after weights you needed to rest asap with proetein to let your muscles rebuild. The most important meal of the day post workout. Im not sure on this cardio after- though i presume it depends on your goal, bigger muscles was always mine, but if you want to lose weight cardio after may be alright???

i was told its best to have a carb drink before any proteins , as the body would use the protein shake etc as energy ,rather than put it to use repairing and building .... ??????

i was told its best to have a carb drink before any proteins , as the body would use the protein shake etc as energy ,rather than put it to use repairing and building .... ??????
i'd imagine your body uses your fat stores as energy as its digesting the protein, breaking it down into BCAA's

my opinion is that if you have any energy left after weights to do cardio then you haven't worked hard enough at the weights. Go home, rest, replenish yourself and the extra muscle you gradually will put on will take care of the fat

Have a drink with both. If you've just done intense exercise, have something with a 2:1 carb/protein ratio.

i'd imagine your body uses your fat stores as energy as its digesting the protein, breaking it down into BCAA's

my opinion is that if you have any energy left after weights to do cardio then you haven't worked hard enough at the weights. Go home, rest, replenish yourself and the extra muscle you gradually will put on will take care of the fat

shirley a liquid protein drink would be assimlated first due to its make up to restore the balance... the body has to work to use fat as energy cos its a lazy machine ...

to be honest , i didnt follow any strict regime and i think alot of people get bogged down in the science ,rather than just getting stuck in and get on with it . i saw some very good results over my time at the sport ..

shirley a liquid protein drink would be assimlated first due to its make up to restore the balance... the body has to work to use fat as energy cos its a lazy machine ...

to be honest , i didnt follow any strict regime and i think alot of people get bogged down in the science ,rather than just getting stuck in and get on with it . i saw some very good results over my time at the sport ..
but your body would have already started metabolising your fat stores in a 45 min weights workout. Plus, as i say the protein is broken down to BCAA's which aren't used as an energy source. Plus, a whey shake will contain a small amount of carbs and fats anyway.

Agree with the second paragraph like.

Correct like, regular exercise, eat less and in moderation..it's not difficult.

I would do weights and a bit of cardio before and after as warm up and warm down every other day and do full cardio on other days

but your body would have already started metabolising your fat stores in a 45 min weights workout. Plus, as i say the protein is broken down to BCAA's which aren't used as an energy source. Plus, a whey shake will contain a small amount of carbs and fats anyway.

Agree with the second paragraph like.

You need plenty of carbs post workout. People go way overboard with the protein and neglect the carbs.

10 mins CV

Weights

10 mins CV

Weights

10 mins CV

All intervals though on the treadmill/X=trainer, not just going through the motions.......

90 seconds jogging pace, then 30 seconds all out (Improve it as you get fitter).

Don't take massive rests between sets and superset it to keep moving. This will work if you do it correctly, but guessing you would need to be fairly fit already to manage it......

theres a hell of alot of information out there about PWO myths, lots of articles supporting the fact that the intake of carbs is no where near as important as first thought.

carbs in turn stimulate insulin release which is the mother of growth .. proteins feed the muscles , so both are very important , if your into bodybuilding of sorts .....

carbs in turn stimulate insulin release which is the mother of growth .. proteins feed the muscles , so both are very important , if your into bodybuilding of sorts .....
but weightlifting increases insulin sensitivity for over 24 hours. Its far more important to have a balanced diet with wholegrain carbs throughout the day than running into the changing room at the gym to get your dextrose.

but weightlifting increases insulin sensitivity for over 24 hours. Its far more important to have a balanced diet with wholegrain carbs throughout the day than running into the changing room at the gym to get your dextrose.

i used to eat 4 lots of pasta with tuna a day , inc whey drinks for 6 years.... plus other things mindya ;)

like i said earlier a normal diet and GRAFT will get you results .. keep it simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back